Bethany L Brand
Affiliation: Towson University
- What contributes to predicting change in the treatment of dissociation: initial levels of dissociation, PTSD, or overall distress?Bethany L Brand
Psychology Department, Towson University, Towson, Maryland 21252, USA
J Trauma Dissociation 14:328-41. 2013..Our results suggest that a reduction in dissociative symptoms in DD patients is associated with reductions in the overall severity of dissociative, posttraumatic stress, and distress symptoms...
- Coping with incest: the relationship between recollections of childhood coping and adult functioning in female survivors of incestBethany L Brand
Department of Psychology, Towson University, Towson, Maryland 21252, USA
J Trauma Stress 16:285-93. 2003..As a set of variables, abuse characteristics also predicted a significant amount of variance in adult functioning. Implications for future research were discussed...
- Trauma and womenBethany Brand
Department of Psychology, Towson University, 8000 York Road, Baltimore, MD 21252, USA
Psychiatr Clin North Am 26:759-79. 2003..Given the prevalence of violence, it will be impossible to resolve its impact on an individual basis. Interventions also need to be directed at system-level factors that foster violence...
- Psychological assessment of patients with dissociative identity disorderBethany L Brand
Towson University, 8000 York Road, Towson, MD 21252, USA
Psychiatr Clin North Am 29:145-68, x. 2006
- Assessment of genuine and simulated dissociative identity disorder on the structured interview of reported symptomsBethany L Brand
Towson University, Towson, MD 21252, USA
J Trauma Dissociation 7:63-85. 2006..Furthermore, many DID patients may be at risk for being inaccurately labeled as feigning on the SIRS...
- A review of dissociative disorders treatment studiesBethany L Brand
Department of Psychology, Towson University, Towson, MD, USA
J Nerv Ment Dis 197:646-54. 2009..Implications for future research and treatment planning for patients suffering from DD are discussed...
- Where are we going? An update on assessment, treatment, and neurobiological research in dissociative disorders as we move toward the DSM-5Bethany L Brand
Department of Psychology, Towson University, Towson, Maryland, USA
J Trauma Dissociation 13:9-31. 2012..We are optimistic that the forthcoming DSM-5 will stimulate research on dissociation and the DD and suggest areas for future studies...