Bethany L Brand
Affiliation: Towson University
- Assessment of complex dissociative disorder patients and simulated dissociation in forensic contextsBethany L Brand
Psychology Department, Towson University, Towson, MD, United States Electronic address
Int J Law Psychiatry . 2016..We then provide recommendations for assessing complex trauma and dissociation through the aforementioned assessments...
- MMPI-2 Item Endorsements in Dissociative Identity Disorder vs. SimulatorsBethany L Brand
Dr Brand is Professor of Psychology, Dr Chasson is Assistant Professor, Clinical Psychology, Ms Palermo is a Graduate Research Assistant, Mr Donato is an Undergraduate Research Assistant, Mr Rhodes is an Undergraduate Research Assistant, and Ms Voorhees is an Undergraduate Research Assistant, Department of Psychology, Towson University, Towson, MD MMPI 2 items were used with permission from the University of Minnesota Press and have been abbreviated to prevent copyright infringement Please refer to item numbers while using this article in clinical practice
J Am Acad Psychiatry Law 44:63-72. 2016..These results suggest that item endorsement patterns can provide useful information to clinicians making determinations about whether an individual is presenting with DID or feigning. ..
- What contributes to predicting change in the treatment of dissociation: initial levels of dissociation, PTSD, or overall distress?Bethany L Brand
Psychology Department, Towson University, Towson, Maryland 21252, USA
J Trauma Dissociation 14:328-41. 2013..Our results suggest that a reduction in dissociative symptoms in DD patients is associated with reductions in the overall severity of dissociative, posttraumatic stress, and distress symptoms...
- Coping with incest: the relationship between recollections of childhood coping and adult functioning in female survivors of incestBethany L Brand
Department of Psychology, Towson University, Towson, Maryland 21252, USA
J Trauma Stress 16:285-93. 2003..As a set of variables, abuse characteristics also predicted a significant amount of variance in adult functioning. Implications for future research were discussed...
- A review of dissociative disorders treatment studiesBethany L Brand
Department of Psychology, Towson University, Towson, MD, USA
J Nerv Ment Dis 197:646-54. 2009..Implications for future research and treatment planning for patients suffering from DD are discussed...
- Assessment of genuine and simulated dissociative identity disorder on the structured interview of reported symptomsBethany L Brand
Towson University, Towson, MD 21252, USA
J Trauma Dissociation 7:63-85. 2006..Furthermore, many DID patients may be at risk for being inaccurately labeled as feigning on the SIRS...
- Psychological assessment of patients with dissociative identity disorderBethany L Brand
Towson University, 8000 York Road, Towson, MD 21252, USA
Psychiatr Clin North Am 29:145-68, x. 2006
- Trauma and womenBethany Brand
Department of Psychology, Towson University, 8000 York Road, Baltimore, MD 21252, USA
Psychiatr Clin North Am 26:759-79. 2003..Given the prevalence of violence, it will be impossible to resolve its impact on an individual basis. Interventions also need to be directed at system-level factors that foster violence...
- Dissociative, depressive, and PTSD symptom severity as correlates of nonsuicidal self-injury and suicidality in dissociative disorder patientsAliya R Webermann
a Department of Psychology, Towson University, Towson, Maryland, USA
J Trauma Dissociation 17:67-80. 2016..These findings point to dissociation and depression severity as important correlates of NSSI and suicidality in patients with dissociative disorders and have implications for self-harm prevention and treatment. ..
- Where are we going? An update on assessment, treatment, and neurobiological research in dissociative disorders as we move toward the DSM-5Bethany L Brand
Department of Psychology, Towson University, Towson, Maryland, USA
J Trauma Dissociation 13:9-31. 2012..We are optimistic that the forthcoming DSM-5 will stimulate research on dissociation and the DD and suggest areas for future studies...