- Prospective markers for early diagnosis and prognosis of sporadic pancreatic ductal adenocarcinomaMartin Tobi
Gastroenterology Section, Philadelphia Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Dig Dis Sci 58:744-50. 2013..We also evaluated the prognostic value of characterized early biomarkers in pancreaticobiliary secretions...
- Colorectal cancer in the cotton top tamarin (Saguinus oedipus): how do they evade liver metastasis?Martin Tobi
Department of Medicine and Pathology, VAMC and Wayne State University, Detroit, MI, USA
Dig Dis Sci 56:397-405. 2011..To better understand the metastatic process, we studied the cotton top tamarin as an animal model, which spontaneously develops colorectal cancer but rarely liver metastasis...
- An anti-adenoma antibody, Adnab-9, may reflect the risk for neoplastic progression in familial hamartomatous polyposis syndromesMartin Tobi
John D Dingell VAMC Department of Medicine, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, MI, USA
Dig Dis Sci 53:723-9. 2008..Adnab-9 labeling of PCs in the epithelial elements of hamartomatous colonic lesions of hereditary hamartomatous syndrome patients reflects the predisposition to colorectal cancer, further justifying early intervention strategies...
- The use of early and midpoint adenoma-carcinoma sequence biomarkers in prediction of neoplastic progression in patients with a history of colorectal neoplasiaHassan Albataineh
Department of Internal Medicine, John D Dingell VAMC and Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, Michigan, USA
Dig Dis Sci 51:2213-9. 2006..We conclude that Adnab-9 appears to be a promising prognostic marker for neoplasia in the high-risk population. Industry standards need to be developed for DCC monoclonal antibodies that may have similar utility...
- Folic acid supplementation inhibits recurrence of colorectal adenomas: a randomized chemoprevention trialRichard Jaszewski
John D Dingell VA Medical Center, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
World J Gastroenterol 14:4492-8. 2008..To determine whether folic acid supplementation will reduce the recurrence of colorectal adenomas, the precursors of colorectal cancer, we performed a double-blind placebo-controlled trial in patients with adenomatous polyps...
- Differential labeling by monoclonal antibodies Adnab-9 and anti-alpha-defensin 5 based on the distribution and adenomatous tissue content of colonic polypsNadeem Ullah
Departments of Internal Medicine and Pathology, John D Dingell VAMC, Detroit, Michigan 48201, USA
Dig Dis Sci 50:708-13. 2005....
- Small early tubular adenomas and mixed colonic polyps found on screening flexible sigmoidoscopy do not predict proximal neoplasia in malesNadeem Ullah
Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, Michigan, USA
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 2:246-51. 2004..We conducted this study to elucidate the significance of distal mixed colonic polyps in predicting proximal neoplasia...
- Octreotide uptake in intracranial metastasis of pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma origin in a patient with a prolonged clinical courseRama Marepaily
Department of Internal Medicine, Neurosurgery, Nuclear Medicine and Pathology, John D Dingell VAMC and Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, MI, USA
Dig Dis Sci 54:188-90. 2009..There is mounting evidence that somatostatin receptor status confers a relatively favorable prognosis in pancreatic adenocarcinoma, although OctreoScan-positive brain metastases have not been previously reported...
- Ultrasound diagnosis of fatty liver in patients with chronic liver disease: a retrospective observational studyNolan E Perez
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Pathology, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, Michigan 48201, USA
J Clin Gastroenterol 41:624-9. 2007..Therefore, we retrospectively examined liver biopsies in patients with CLD and compared the histologic results to the hepatic US findings...
- Peutz-Jeghers syndrome diagnosed in a schizophrenic patient with a large deletion in the STK11 geneMichael Kam
VAMC, Department of Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology and Surgery, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, Michigan 48201, USA
Dig Dis Sci 51:1567-70. 2006
- Folic acid mediated attenuation of loss of heterozygosity of DCC tumor suppressor gene in the colonic mucosa of patients with colorectal adenomasKiran K Nagothu
Department of Internal Medicine, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Cancer Detect Prev 27:297-304. 2003..Taken together, our data suggest that one of the ways folate may exert its chemopreventive effect is by stabilizing certain tumor suppressor gene(s) and preventing further increases in proliferation...
- Colorectal cancer risk: the impact of evidence of a field effect of carcinogenesis on blinded diagnosis using an anti-adenoma antibody test performed on colonoscopic effluentMartin Tobi
Department of Medicine, John D Dingell VAMC, Detroit, Michigan 48201, USA
Dig Dis Sci 47:317-21. 2002..006); 82% of combined tests were positive (P < 0.001), as compared to 9%, 18%, and 27% respectively, of controls. Adnab-9 binding correlates with increased colorectal cancer risk associated with a field effect of carcinogenesis...
- Fecal Adnab-9 binding as a risk marker for colorectal neoplasiaMei Yuan
Institute of Basic Medical Science, General Hospital of PLA, Beijing, China
Cancer Lett 235:48-52. 2006..We conclude that fecal Adnab-9 binding is a promising risk marker for colorectal neoplasia...
- Detection of gastric cancer and premalignant lesions by novel marker glycoprotein 87 using monoclonal antibody Adnab-9Shi Xing Qiao
Cancer Research Laboratory, Department of Medicine, General Hospital of the People s Liberation Army, Beijing 100853, People s Republic of China
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 12:1095-9. 2003..99; P < 0.02). GP87 is differentially expressed in premalignant gastric lesions that appear to be the origin for fecal GP87, which may be useful for early detection of GC...
- Correlation of Ki-67, p53, and Adnab-9 immunohistochemical staining and ploidy with clinical and histopathologic features of severely dysplastic colorectal adenomasRafiq A Sheikh
Department of Gastroenterology, University of California Davis Medical Center, Davis, California, USA
Dig Dis Sci 48:223-9. 2003..Adnab-9 antibody may identify a field defect in above-average-risk adenoma-bearing patients...
- The "innocent colon" and K-ras mutation--guilty by (ACF) association?Irena Zalewska
Gastroenterology 124:274; author reply 274-5. 2003