Matthew B Wintersteen
Affiliation: Thomas Jefferson University
- Standardized screening for suicidal adolescents in primary careMatthew B Wintersteen
Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior, Thomas Jefferson University Jefferson Medical College, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Pediatrics 125:938-44. 2010..To determine if brief standardized screening for suicide risk in pediatric primary care practices will increase detection rates of suicidal youth, maintain increased detection and referral rates, and be replicated in other practices...
- Development, validation, and utility of internet-based, behavioral health screen for adolescentsGuy Diamond
Department of Psychiatry, School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Pediatrics 126:e163-70. 2010..The goals were to develop and to validate the Internet-based, Behavioral Health Screen (BHS) for adolescents and young adults in primary care...
- Attachment-based family therapy for adolescents with suicidal ideation: a randomized controlled trialGuy S Diamond
Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 49:122-31. 2010..To evaluate whether Attachment-Based Family Therapy (ABFT) is more effective than Enhanced Usual Care (EUC) for reducing suicidal ideation and depressive symptoms in adolescents...
- Suicidal ideation and self-harm behavior in a community sample of preadolescent youth: a case-control studyMariel M Giannetta
Division of Neonatology, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA 10104, USA
J Adolesc Health 50:524-6. 2012..We examined characteristics associated with suicidal ideation and self-harm behavior in youth aged 10-13 years...
- Screening for suicide risk in the pediatric emergency and acute care settingMatthew B Wintersteen
Center for Family Intervention Science, Division of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Curr Opin Pediatr 19:398-404. 2007..This paper reviews epidemiology, psychiatric comorbidities, risk factors, warning signs, screening measures, and issues related to screening for suicide risk in the pediatric emergency department and acute care settings...