Amy S Harrison
Affiliation: Thomas Jefferson University
- Using qualitative measures to improve quality in radiation oncologyAmy S Harrison
Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, 111 South 11th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Am J Med Qual 28:345-51. 2013..Overall, qualitative research proved to be an exceptional resource for identifying and evaluating a clinical department and demonstrated the usefulness of this method of research for future work. ..
- Evolution of advanced technologies in prostate cancer radiotherapyNicholas G Zaorsky
Department of Radiation Oncology, Fox Chase Cancer Center, 333 Cottman Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19111, USA
Nat Rev Urol 10:565-79. 2013....
- Pilot study of meaningful use of electronic health records in radiation oncologyXinglei Shen
Kimmel Cancer Center and Jefferson School of Population Health, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
J Oncol Pract 8:219-23. 2012..We undertook a pilot study to determine the level of adoption and barriers to implementation of meaningful use (MU) of EHR systems as defined by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) in US radiation oncology practices...
- Clinical experience transitioning from IMRT to VMAT for head and neck cancerMatthew T Studenski
Department of Radiation Oncology, Jefferson Medical College of Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Med Dosim 38:171-5. 2013..Due to the long calculation times, VMAT plans can cause delays during planning but marked improvements in delivery time reduce patient treatment times and the risk of intra-fraction motion...
- Intensity-modulated radiation therapy and volumetric-modulated arc therapy for adult craniospinal irradiation--a comparison with traditional techniquesMatthew T Studenski
Department of Radiation Oncology, Jefferson Medical College and Kimmel Cancer Center, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Med Dosim 38:48-54. 2013..Although inefficient, the IMRT technique is the most clinically feasible because of the increased mean OAR dose with the VMAT technique. Quality assurance of the beams, especially the junction regions, is essential...
- Quality assurance peer review chart rounds in 2011: a survey of academic institutions in the United StatesYaacov Richard Lawrence
Department of Radiation Oncology, Jefferson Medical College of Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 84:590-5. 2012..In light of concerns regarding the quality of radiation treatment delivery, we surveyed the practice of quality assurance peer review chart rounds at American academic institutions...