Affiliation: The Ohio State University
- Coordinate enhancement of transgene transcription and translation in a lentiviral vectorAlper Yilmaz
Center for Retrovirus Research, Department of Veterinary Biosciences, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Retrovirology 3:13. 2006....
- The word landscape of the non-coding segments of the Arabidopsis thaliana genomeJens Lichtenberg
Bioinformatics Laboratory, School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Ohio University, Athens, OH, USA
BMC Genomics 10:463. 2009..The frequencies and positional distributions of these words within particular non-coding genomic segments provide important insights into how the words function in processes such as mRNA stability and regulation of gene expression...
- Components and mechanisms of regulation of gene expressionAlper Yilmaz
Plant Biotechnology Center and Department of Plant Cellular and Molecular Biology, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, USA
Methods Mol Biol 674:23-32. 2010....
- AGRIS: the Arabidopsis Gene Regulatory Information Server, an updateAlper Yilmaz
Department of Plant Cellular and Molecular Biology and Plant Biotechnology Center, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 39:D1118-22. 2011..All the information in AGRIS is publicly available and downloadable upon registration...
- RNA helicase A interacts with divergent lymphotropic retroviruses and promotes translation of human T-cell leukemia virus type 1Cheryl Bolinger
Center for Retrovirus Research, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210 1093, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 35:2629-42. 2007..We speculate divergent retroviruses have evolved a convergent RNA-protein interaction to modulate translation of their highly structured mRNA...
- GRASSIUS: a platform for comparative regulatory genomics across the grassesAlper Yilmaz
Department of Plant Cellular and Molecular Biology, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
Plant Physiol 149:171-80. 2009..The integration of GrassTFDB and GrassPROMDB will be accomplished through GrassRegNet as a first step in representing the architecture of grass regulatory networks. GRASSIUS can be accessed from www.grassius.org...
- Important biological information uncovered in previously unaligned reads from chromatin immunoprecipitation experiments (ChIP-Seq)Wilberforce Zachary Ouma
1 Molecular, Cellular and Developmental Biology MCDB Graduate Program, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, USA 2 Center for Applied Plant Sciences CAPS, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, USA
Sci Rep 5:8635. 2015..Our results indicate that the re-evaluation of previously unaligned reads from ChIP-Seq experiments will significantly contribute to TF target identification and determination of emerging properties of GRNs. ..
- Molecular basis for the action of a dietary flavonoid revealed by the comprehensive identification of apigenin human targetsDaniel Arango
Molecular Cellular and Developmental Biology Graduate Program, Division of Pulmonary, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 110:E2153-62. 2013....
- A genome-wide regulatory framework identifies maize pericarp color1 controlled genesKengo Morohashi
Department of Molecular Genetics, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Plant Cell 24:2745-64. 2012....
- Retrovirus translation initiation: Issues and hypotheses derived from study of HIV-1Alper Yilmaz
Center for Retrovirus Research, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Curr HIV Res 4:131-9. 2006..We discuss key issues that remain to be understood and suggest parameters to validate internal initiation activity in HIV-1 and other retroviruses...
- Thriving under stress: selective translation of HIV-1 structural protein mRNA during Vpr-mediated impairment of eIF4E translation activityAmit Sharma
Department of Veterinary Biosciences, Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio, United States of America
PLoS Pathog 8:e1002612. 2012..We speculate that a subset of CBP80-bound cellular mRNAs contribute to recovery from significant cellular stress, including human retrovirus infection...