Affiliation: The Ohio State University
- Macroscopic equations for bacterial chemotaxis: integration of detailed biochemistry of cell signalingChuan Xue
Department of Mathematics, Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, 43210, USA
J Math Biol 70:1-44. 2015..The general theory we develop here is readily applicable to chemotaxis of other run-and-tumble bacteria, or collective behavior of other individuals that move using a similar strategy. ..
- Propagation of cutaneous thermal injury: a mathematical modelChuan Xue
Mathematical Biosciences Institute, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio, USA
Wound Repair Regen 20:114-22. 2012..Our model is formulated in terms of differential equations, and sensitivity analysis is performed on the parameters to ensure the robustness of the results...
- A mathematical model for chronic woundsAvner Friedman
Mathematical Biosciences Institute, Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, United States
Math Biosci Eng 8:253-61. 2011..Preliminary results for the three-dimensional axially symmetric case are also included...
- Radial and spiral stream formation in Proteus mirabilis coloniesChuan Xue
Mathematical Biosciences Institute, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio, United States of America
PLoS Comput Biol 7:e1002332. 2011..The spatial patterns generated from the model are in qualitative agreement with the experimental observations...
- Travelling waves in hyperbolic chemotaxis equationsChuan Xue
Mathematical Biosciences Institute, Ohio State University, Columbus, USA
Bull Math Biol 73:1695-733. 2011..We prove the global existence of solutions and then show the existence of travelling wave solutions both numerically and analytically...
- A mathematical model of ischemic cutaneous woundsChuan Xue
Mathematical Biosciences Institute and Department of Mathematics, Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:16782-7. 2009..Simulations of the model demonstrate how ischemic conditions may limit macrophage recruitment to the wound-site and impair wound closure. The results are in general agreement with experimental findings...