Affiliation: The Ohio State University
- Overexpression of miR-9 in mast cells is associated with invasive behavior and spontaneous metastasisJoelle M Fenger
Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences, Columbus, USA
BMC Cancer 14:84. 2014..The purpose of this study was to investigate the potential contribution of miRNA dysregulation to the biology of canine mast cell tumors (MCTs), a well-established spontaneous model of malignant mast cell disease...
- Prognostic microRNA/mRNA signature from the integrated analysis of patients with invasive breast cancerStefano Volinia
Department of Morphology, Surgery and Experimental Medicine, University of Ferrara, 44121 Ferrara, Italy
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 110:7413-7. 2013....
- Breast cancer signatures for invasiveness and prognosis defined by deep sequencing of microRNAStefano Volinia
Data Mining for Analysis of Biosystems, Department of Morphology and Embryology, and Medical Oncology, Universita degli Studi, 44100 Ferrara, Italy
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:3024-9. 2012..Additionally, we detected differential splicing isoforms with special features, including a truncated EGFR lacking the kinase domain and overexpressed only in ductal carcinoma in situ...
- MicroRNA expression profiling of male breast cancerMatteo Fassan
Department of Urology, Thomas Jefferson University Kimmel Cancer Center, 1112 College Building, 1025 Walnut Street, PA 19107, USA
Breast Cancer Res 11:R58. 2009....
- Compatible solutes from hyperthermophiles improve the quality of DNA microarraysNicoletta Mascellani
Dipartimento di Morfologia ed Embriologia and DAMA, Data Mining for Analysis of DNA Microarrays, Telethon Facility, Universita degli Studi di Ferrara, Ferrara, Italy
BMC Biotechnol 7:82. 2007..Compatible solutes show stabilization effects towards biological macromolecules, including DNA...
- Reprogramming of miRNA networks in cancer and leukemiaStefano Volinia
Data Mining for Analysis of Microarrays, Department of Morphology and Embryology, Universita degli Studi, Ferrara 44100, Italy
Genome Res 20:589-99. 2010..Finally, we experimentally validated the miRNA network with acute lymphocytic leukemia originated in Mir155 transgenic mice. Most of miRNAs deregulated in these transgenic mice were located close to hsa-miR-155 in the cancer network...
- Prion proteins (PRNP and PRND) are over-expressed in osteosarcomaVincenzo Sollazzo
Orthopaedic Clinic, University of Ferrara, Ferrara, Italy
J Orthop Res 30:1004-12. 2012..Since Prion proteins seem to be related to osteosarcoma development, their inhibition could represent a new approach to the molecular treatment of osteosarcoma...
- Next generation analysis of breast cancer genomes for precision medicineMaurizio Previati
LTTA, Dept of Morphology, Surgery and Experimental Medicine, Human Anatomy Branch, University of Ferrara, Italy
Cancer Lett 339:1-7. 2013..This review is focused on the most recent advances in the field of cancer genomics and epigenomics, including DNA alterations and driver gene mutations, gene fusions, DNA methylation and miRNA expression...
- GAMES identifies and annotates mutations in next-generation sequencing projectsMaria Elena Sana
DAMA, Data Mining for Analysis of DNA, Department of Morphology and Embryology and TecnoPolo for Life Sciences, University of Ferrara, Ferrara, Italy
Bioinformatics 27:9-13. 2011..However, the limitations of these applications include output which is insufficiently annotated and of difficult functional comprehension to end users...
- MicroRNA expression signatures in solid malignanciesMarco Galasso
Dipartimento di Morfologia ed Embriologia and LTTA, University of Ferrara, Ferrara, Italy
Cancer J 18:238-43. 2012..We provide a review highlighting recent progress on the understanding of the cellular function of human microRNAs and their expression in solid tumors...
- Genome wide identification of recessive cancer genes by combinatorial mutation analysisStefano Volinia
Data Mining for Analysis of Microarrays, Universita degli Studi, Ferrara, Italy
PLoS ONE 3:e3380. 2008..5% genes. The functions significantly affected by cancer mutations are exactly overlapping those of known cancer genes, with the critical exception for the absence of tyrosine kinases, as expected for a recessive gene-set...
- Identification of microRNA activity by Targets' Reverse EXpressionStefano Volinia
DAMA, Data Mining for Analysis of Microarrays, Department of Morphology and Embryology, University of Ferrara, Italy
Bioinformatics 26:91-7. 2010..Prominent interest in miRNAs strongly motivates the need for increasing the options available to detect their cellular activity...
- Molecular classification of nodal metastasis in primary larynx squamous cell carcinomaFrancesco Carinci
Department of Maxillofacial Surgery, University of Ferrara, Ferrara, Italy
Transl Res 150:233-45. 2007..This large-scale gene expression analysis in LSCC provides information on changes in genomic activity associated with lymphonodal metastasis and identifies molecules that might prove useful as novel therapeutic targets...
- Non-coding RNAs: a key to future personalized molecular therapy?Marco Galasso
Data Mining for Analysis of Microarrays, Department of Morphology and Embryology, Universita degli Studi di Ferrara, 44100 Ferrara, Italy
Genome Med 2:12. 2010..Here we review recent progress on our understanding of the biological functions of human ncRNAs and their clinical potential...