Henri H Versteeg
Affiliation: The Scripps Research Institute
- Emerging insights in tissue factor-dependent signaling eventsHenri H Versteeg
Department of Immunology, The Scripps Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Semin Thromb Hemost 32:24-32. 2006..In this review, we relate our current understanding of direct TF signaling pathways to the emerging roles of TF in (patho)physiology...
- Inhibition of tissue factor signaling suppresses tumor growthHenri H Versteeg
Department of Immunology, SP258, Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Blood 111:190-9. 2008..These results show that tumor cell TF-PAR2 signaling is crucial for tumor growth and suggest that anti-TF strategies can be applied in cancer therapy with minor impairment of TF-dependent hemostatic pathways...
- Protease-activated receptor (PAR) 2, but not PAR1, signaling promotes the development of mammary adenocarcinoma in polyoma middle T miceHenri H Versteeg
Department of Immunology, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Cancer Res 68:7219-27. 2008..This study establishes that protease signaling contributes to mammary tumor development and that PAR2, rather than the thrombin receptor PAR1, plays a crucial role in the angiogenic switch...
- Tissue factor coagulant function is enhanced by protein-disulfide isomerase independent of oxidoreductase activityHenri H Versteeg
Department of Immunology, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
J Biol Chem 282:25416-24. 2007..PDI enhanced TF coagulant activity on microvesicles shed from cells, suggesting that PDI plays a role as an activating chaperone for circulating cryptic TF...
- Cooperation of tissue factor cytoplasmic domain and PAR2 signaling in breast cancer developmentFlorence Schaffner
Department of Immunology and Microbial Science, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Blood 116:6106-13. 2010....
- Disulfide isomerization switches tissue factor from coagulation to cell signalingJasimuddin Ahamed
Department of Immunology, The Scripps Research Institute, SP258, 10550 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:13932-7. 2006..These experiments delineate an upstream regulatory mechanism that controls TF function, and they provide initial evidence that TF.VIIa signaling can be specifically inhibited with minimal effects on coagulation...
- FVIIa:TF induces cell survival via G12/G13-dependent Jak/STAT activation and BclXL productionHenri H Versteeg
Laboratory of Experimental Internal Medicine, G2 131, Academic Medical Center, Meibergdreef 9, 1105AZ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Circ Res 94:1032-40. 2004..Finally, we demonstrated for the first time that TF/FVIIa-signal transduction is dependent on G12/G13 class G proteins...
- Tissue factor and cancer metastasis: the role of intracellular and extracellular signaling pathwaysHenri H Versteeg
Laboratory of Experimental Internal Medicine, Academic Medical Center, Meibergdreef 9, 1106 AZ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Mol Med 10:6-11. 2004..In this review, we will discuss these phenomena in more detail and hypothesize on their role in TF-driven metastasis...
- Tissue factor as an evolutionary conserved cytokine receptor: Implications for inflammation and signal transductionHenri H Versteeg
Department of Medical Oncology, Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Semin Hematol 41:168-72. 2004..This review discusses the role of TF and its ligand FVIIa in inflammation, sepsis, and signal transduction, and describes the way in which these processes interact...
- Tissue factor signal transduction in angiogenesisHenri H Versteeg
Laboratory for Experimental Internal Medicine, G2 130, Academic Medical Center, Meibergdreef 9, 1105 AZ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Carcinogenesis 24:1009-13. 2003..The recent evidence for this emerging insight will be the subject of this review...
- In silico tissue factor analysis: a bit-to-bit comparisonMaikel P Peppelenbosch
Thromb Haemost 89:592-3. 2003
- High factor VIIa levels do not promote tumor metastasisLois W Brüggemann
Thromb Haemost 99:787-8. 2008
- Validity of bioluminescence measurements for noninvasive in vivo imaging of tumor load in small animalsClara P W Klerk
Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Biotechniques 43:7-13, 30. 2007....
- Activation of the canonical beta-catenin pathway by histamineSander H Diks
Laboratory for Experimental Internal Medicine, Academic Medical Center, Meibergdreef 9, The Netherlands
J Biol Chem 278:52491-6. 2003..The observation that inflammatory molecules, like histamine, activate the beta-catenin pathway may provide a molecular explanation for a possible link between inflammation and cancer...
- Coagulation factor Xa drives tumor cells into apoptosis through BH3-only protein Bim up-regulationKeren S Borensztajn
Center for Experimental and Molecular Medicine, Academic Medical Center, Meibergdreef 9, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Exp Cell Res 313:2622-33. 2007..We thus provide evidence that beyond its role in blood coagulation, FXa plays a key role in cellular processes in which Bim is the central player in determining cell survival...
- Evidence for activation of tissue factor by an allosteric disulfide bondVivien M Chen
Centre for Vascular Research, University of New South Wales, Sydney, NSW 2052, Australia
Biochemistry 45:12020-8. 2006..It is likely that formation of this disulfide bond changes the conformation of the domain that facilitates productive binding of factors IX and X...
- Coagulation factors VIIa and Xa inhibit apoptosis and anoikisHenri H Versteeg
Laboratory for Experimental Internal Medicine, G2 105, Academic Medical Center, Meibergdreef 9, 1105 AZ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Oncogene 23:410-7. 2004..Finally, TF:FVIIa-induced FXa generation dramatically increased cell survival. We propose that FVIIa-induced cell survival may explain why overexpression of TF is associated with successful metastasis...
- VIIa/tissue factor interaction results in a tissue factor cytoplasmic domain-independent activation of protein synthesis, p70, and p90 S6 kinase phosphorylationHenri H Versteeg
Laboratory for Experimental Internal Medicine and the Department of Oncology, Academic Medical Center, Meibergdreef 9, AZ Amsterdam NL 1105, The Netherlands
J Biol Chem 277:27065-72. 2002..We propose that a TF cytoplasmic domain-independent stimulation of protein synthesis via activation of S6 kinase contributes to FVIIa effects in pathophysiology...