Affiliation: The University of Texas
- A case-control study of human papillomavirus and cervical squamous intraepithelial lesions (SIL) in Harris County, Texas: differences among racial/ethnic groupsGuillermo Tortolero-Luna
University of Texas School of Public Health 7000 Fannin, Suit 2574 Houston, TX 77030, USA
Gynecol Oncol 99:S207-8. 2005
- Epidemiologic modeling of cervical dysplasia with molecular and cytopathological markersMichael E Scheurer
Department of Epidemiology, M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1155 Pressler St, Unit 1340, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Gynecol Oncol 107:S163-9. 2007....
- Clinical, sociodemographic, and local system factors associated with a hospital death among cancer patientsMarylou Cardenas-Turanzas
Section of Health Services Research, Department of Biostatistics and Applied Mathematics, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Blvd, P O Box 196, Houston, TX 77030 4009, USA
Support Care Cancer 14:71-7. 2006..The study was conducted to examine factors associated with hospital deaths among a group of cancer patients...
- Correlates of mammography screening among Hispanic women living in lower Rio Grande Valley farmworker communitiesRichard C Palmer
University of Texas Houston, School of Public Health, 77030, USA
Health Educ Behav 32:488-503. 2005..In addition, efforts to increase their self-efficacy in obtaining a mammogram and to counter negative attitudes and opinions by stressing the positive prognosis associated with early detection are warranted...
- Inverse correlation of cellular immune responses specific to synthetic peptides from the E6 and E7 oncoproteins of HPV-16 with recurrence of cervical intraepithelial neoplasia in a cross-sectional studyAsis K Sarkar
Department of Immunology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Gynecol Oncol 99:S251-61. 2005..There is a need to understand the immunologic basis for the Cell-Mediated Immune (CMI) response and for histological regression to help the formulation of therapeutic vaccines...
- Correlates of cervical mucosal antibodies to human papillomavirus 16: results from a case control studyCynthia Bierl
Viral Exanthems and Herpesvirus Branch, Division of Viral and Rickettsial Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Gynecol Oncol 99:S262-8. 2005..We performed this analysis to determine correlates of HPV-16-specific mucosal antibody response in women at high risk for infection with HPV...
- Acculturation and mammography screening among Hispanic women living in farmworker communitiesRichard C Palmer
University of Texas Houston, School of Public Health, TX 77030, USA
Cancer Control 12:21-7. 2005..Women in such communities with low levels of acculturation can be targeted for interventions to increase mammography adherence...
- Advanced cervical cancer treatment in Harris County: pilot evaluation of factors that prevent optimal therapyLois M Ramondetta
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, The University of Texas Lyndon Baines Johnson General Hospital, Houston, TX 77230, USA
Gynecol Oncol 103:547-53. 2006..To document obstacles to completing outpatient treatment faced by indigent patients with cervical cancer and compare treatment costs...
- Cervical cancer survival by socioeconomic status, race/ethnicity, and place of residence in Texas, 1995-2001Katherine S Eggleston
School of Public Health, University of Texas Health Science Center, Houston, Texas 77225, USA
J Womens Health (Larchmt) 15:941-51. 2006..The current study explored whether socioeconomic status (SES), race/ethnicity, and rural residence may be linked to poorer cervical cancer survival by stage at diagnosis...
- Predictors of breast and cervical screening in Vietnamese women in Harris County, Houston, TexasVi Ho
Department of Medicine, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Cancer Nurs 28:119-29; quiz 130-1. 2005..Barriers and incentives to breast and cervical screening were similar to those in other studies...
- Human papillomavirus type 16 E2 and E6/E7 variantsDavid C Swan
U S Department of Health and Human Services, National Center for Infectious Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Public Health Service, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Gynecol Oncol 96:695-700. 2005....
- Increased plasma levels of insulin-like growth factor 2 and insulin-like growth factor binding protein 3 are associated with endometrial cancer riskJonathan C Oh
The Department of Gynecological Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 13:748-52. 2004..Further validation of these results is needed to determine the potential usefulness of risk assessment...
- Micropapillary and cribriform patterns in ovarian serous tumors of low malignant potential: a study of 99 advanced stage casesMichael T Deavers
Department of Pathology and Gynecologic Oncology, University of Texas, Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 26:1129-41. 2002..Additionally, our long-term follow-up of patients with typical SLMP indicates that a number of these tumors do not follow a benign course and supports their continued designation as borderline neoplasms...
- Innovations in understanding the biology of cervical cancerJudith K Wolf
Department of Gynecologic Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Cancer 98:2064-9. 2003..Identification of molecular changes in cervical cancer and knowledge about the importance of HPV infection in cervical cancer can lead to new therapies to treat existing cervical cancer and, in the long term, prevent the disease...
- Ovarian and extraovarian endometriosis-associated cancerSusan C Modesitt
Department of Gynecologic Oncology, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Obstet Gynecol 100:788-95. 2002..To determine clinical characteristics of women with endometriosis-associated intraperitoneal cancers, to assess differences based on the relationship of the cancer to the endometriosis, and to assess factors associated with survival...
- Mentorship and productivity among gynecologic oncology fellowsLois M Ramondetta
University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Department of Gynecologic Oncology, Houston, Texas 77030 4009, USA
J Cancer Educ 18:15-9. 2003..To identify factors that enable gynecologic oncology fellows to achieve goals set by the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology (ABOG)...
- Wood dust exposure and the association with lung cancer riskCarlos H Barcenas
Department of Epidemiology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77225 0186, USA
Am J Ind Med 47:349-57. 2005..Wood dust was designated as a human carcinogen based on increased sinus and nasal cancer rates among exposed workers. However, data on an association with lung cancer have been inconclusive...
- Human papillomavirus-related cellular changes measured by cytometric analysis of DNA ploidy and chromatin textureMichael E Scheurer
Department of Epidemiology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Cytometry B Clin Cytom 72:324-31. 2007..Real-time PCR methods have evolved to yield highly specific measurements of mRNA expression in very sparse cellular samples...
- Association between adiponectin, insulin resistance, and endometrial cancerPamela T Soliman
Department of Gynecologic Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77230 1439, USA
Cancer 106:2376-81. 2006..The purpose of the current study was to determine whether there was an independent association between adiponectin level and endometrial cancer...
- Nutritional factors and breast cancer in MexicoPastor Bonilla-Fernández
National Institute of Public Health, Av Universidad 655, Col Sta Maria Ahuacatitlan, Cuernavaca, Morelos, CP 62508 Mexico
Nutr Cancer 45:148-55. 2003..08-1.10, P for trend = 0.080) and carotenes (OR = 0.42, 95% CI = 0.16-1.14, P for trend = 0.088) lowers BC risk among premenopausal women. The relationship between the intake of nutrients and BC risk needs further confirmation...
- Serum levels of insulin-like growth factor I and risk of squamous intraepithelial lesions of the cervixXifeng Wu
Department of Epidemiology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Clin Cancer Res 9:3356-61. 2003..However, after adjustment for IGF-I, no relationship was evident between IGFBP-3 level and risk of SILs. Serum levels of IGF-I may be a useful biomarker for assessing risk of SIL development...
- Using intervention mapping to develop a breast and cervical cancer screening program for Hispanic farmworkers: Cultivando La SaludMaria E Fernandez
University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, School of Public Health, Center for Health Promotion and Prevention Research in Houston, Texas, USA
Health Promot Pract 6:394-404. 2005..IM also guided the development of program materials and implementation by lay health workers. Also reported are findings of the pilot study and effectiveness trial...
- Correlation of human papillomavirus type 16 and human papillomavirus type 18 e7 messenger RNA levels with degree of cervical dysplasiaMichael E Scheurer
Department of Epidemiology, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 14:1948-52. 2005....
- Characteristics of recurrence in patients who underwent lymphatic mapping for vulvar cancerMichael Frumovitz
Department of Gynecologic Oncology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Gynecol Oncol 92:205-10. 2004..To evaluate patients with vulvar cancer who experienced a recurrence after undergoing lymphatic mapping and sentinel lymph node (SLN) biopsy...
- The association of benign and malignant ovarian adenofibromas with breast cancer and thyroid disordersElvio G Silva
Department of Pathology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Int J Surg Pathol 10:33-9. 2002..Mutations of PTEN have been found in breast and thyroid cancer. The thyroid and ovaries are controlled by glycoprotein hormones of the pituitary gland, which have common alpha subunits...