Affiliation: The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
- Hepatosplenic T-cell lymphoma in an adolescent patient after immunomodulator and biologic therapy for Crohn diseaseMeena Thayu
Division of Gastroenterology and Nutrition, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, 3400 Civic Center Boulevard, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 40:220-2. 2005
- Determinants of changes in linear growth and body composition in incident pediatric Crohn's diseaseMeena Thayu
Department of Pediatrics, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Center for Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Gastroenterology 139:430-8. 2010..Pediatric Crohn's disease (CD) is associated with growth, lean mass (LM), and fat mass (FM) deficits. This study assessed and identified determinants of changes in height and body composition in children with CD following...
- A 14-year-old girl with abdominal pain and emesisMeena Thayu
Division of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
MedGenMed 8:15. 2006
- Gender differences in body composition deficits at diagnosis in children and adolescents with Crohn's diseaseMeena Thayu
Children s Hospital of Philadelphia Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Inflamm Bowel Dis 13:1121-8. 2007..Childhood Crohn's disease (CD) is associated with poor growth and decreased body mass index (BMI); however, lean mass (LM) and fat mass (FM) deficits prior to therapy have not been characterized...
- Improvement in biomarkers of bone formation during infliximab therapy in pediatric Crohn's disease: results of the REACH studyMeena Thayu
Division of Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA 19014, USA
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 6:1378-84. 2008....
- Effects of sex, race, and puberty on cortical bone and the functional muscle bone unit in children, adolescents, and young adultsMary B Leonard
Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 95:1681-9. 2010..Sex and race differences in bone development are associated with differences in growth, maturation, and body composition...
- Longitudinal assessment of bone density and structure in an incident cohort of children with Crohn's diseaseSarah E Dubner
Department of Pediatrics, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Gastroenterology 136:123-30. 2009..The objective of this longitudinal study was to assess musculoskeletal outcomes in an incident cohort of children with CD using peripheral quantitative computed tomography (pQCT)...
- Changes in vitamin D and parathyroid hormone metabolism in incident pediatric Crohn's diseaseAaron R Prosnitz
Department of Pediatrics, Yale New Haven Children s Hospital, New Haven, Connecticut, USA
Inflamm Bowel Dis 19:45-53. 2013..This study examined associations among 25-hydroxyvitamin D [25(OH)D], 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D [1,25(OH)(2)D], and parathyroid hormone (PTH) levels in incident pediatric CD, compared with controls, and following diagnosis...
- Interpretation of biomarkers of bone metabolism in children: impact of growth velocity and body size in healthy children and chronic diseaseShamir Tuchman
Department of Pediatrics, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Pediatr 153:484-90. 2008....
- Body composition abnormalities in long-term survivors of pediatric hematopoietic stem cell transplantationSogol Mostoufi-Moab
Department of Pediatrics, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA, USA
J Pediatr 160:122-8. 2012..To quantify lean mass (LM) and fat mass (FM) in survivors of childhood allogeneic hematopoietic stem-cell transplantation (alloHSCT) compared with healthy reference participants and identify risk factors for body composition abnormalities...
- Long-term inflammation and glucocorticoid therapy impair skeletal modeling during growth in childhood Crohn diseaseAnne Tsampalieros
Department of Pediatrics, Children s Hospital of Eastern Ontario, Ontario, Canada K1H 8L6
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 98:3438-45. 2013..Glucocorticoids and inflammation inhibit bone formation; however, the impact on skeletal modeling is unknown...
- Circulating microRNA is a biomarker of pediatric Crohn diseaseAdam M Zahm
Division of Gastroenterology and Nutrition, Department of Pediatrics, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA, USA
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 53:26-33. 2011..Recently, circulating microRNAs (miRNAs) have emerged as promising noninvasive biomarkers. Here, we examined the utility of serum miRNAs as biomarkers of CD in children...
- Improvements in Bone Density and Structure during Anti-TNF-α Therapy in Pediatric Crohn's DiseaseLindsay M Griffin
Department of Radiology L M G, New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York 10016 Janssen Pharmaceuticals M T, Titusville, New Jersey 08560 Department of Pediatrics R N B, B S Z, M R D, J S, R H, J L, M B L, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104 Department of Pediatrics M D D, University of Virginia Health System, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908 Department of Pediatrics L A D, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229 Department of Biostatistics and Epidemiology J S, M B L, Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104 and Department of Pediatrics M B L, Stanford University Medical Center, Stanford, California 94025
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 100:2630-9. 2015..Pediatric Crohn's Disease (CD) is associated with deficits in trabecular bone mineral density (BMD) and cortical structure, potentially related to TNF-α effects to decrease bone formation and promote bone resorption...
- Successful revision of portoenterostomy in an infant with biliary atresiaBarbara A Haber
Division of Gastroenterology and Nutrition, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Pediatr Surg 41:e1-3. 2006..At 14 months of age, the child is anicteric and growing well. In this case, successful revision of hepatoportoenterostomy averted the need for liver transplantation...
- Skeletal health of children and adolescents with inflammatory bowel diseaseHELEN PAPPA
Division of Gastroenterology and Nutrition, Children s Hospital Boston, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 53:11-25. 2011..Finally, we summarize the existing numerous gaps in knowledge and potential subjects for future research endeavors...
- Cardiac ischemia during hemolytic uremic syndromeMeena Thayu
Department of Pediatrics, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, Washington, USA
Pediatr Nephrol 18:286-9. 2003..It is possible that myocardial ischemia and secondary arrhythmias account for some sudden deaths that occur during acute HUS...