Affiliation: The Ohio State University
- Differentiation of bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells into the smooth muscle lineage by blocking ERK/MAPK signaling pathwayKenichi Tamama
Department of Pathology, Ohio State University Medical Center, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
Stem Cells Dev 17:897-908. 2008..This approach has obvious implications for cell therapeutics and tissue engineering of hollow visceral organs such as blood vessels...
- Epidermal growth factor (EGF) treatment on multipotential stromal cells (MSCs). Possible enhancement of therapeutic potential of MSCKenichi Tamama
Department of Pathology, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
J Biomed Biotechnol 2010:795385. 2010..Tethered EGF can also be utilized to direct MSC towards osteogenic lineage both in vitro and in vivo...
- Injectable, rapid gelling and highly flexible hydrogel composites as growth factor and cell carriersFeng Wang
Department of Materials Science and Engineering, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Acta Biomater 6:1978-91. 2010..These injectable and rapid gelling hydrogel composites demonstrated attractive properties for serving as growth factor and cell carriers for cardiovascular tissue engineering applications...
- Epidermal growth factor as a candidate for ex vivo expansion of bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cellsKenichi Tamama
Department of Pathology, University of Pittsburgh, 3550 Terrace Street, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15261, USA
Stem Cells 24:686-95. 2006..These findings suggest that EGFR ligands could be used for ex vivo expansion and direction of BMMSCs...
- Differential roles of hypoxia inducible factor subunits in multipotential stromal cells under hypoxic conditionKenichi Tamama
Department of Pathology, University of Pittsburgh, School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15261, USA
J Cell Biochem 112:804-17. 2011..These findings suggest that HIF has a limited, but pivotal role in enhancing MSC self-renewal and growth factor secretions under hypoxic condition...
- Hydrogen gas treatment prolongs replicative lifespan of bone marrow multipotential stromal cells in vitro while preserving differentiation and paracrine potentialsHaruhisa Kawasaki
Department of Pathology, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, United States
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 397:608-13. 2010....
- EGFR ligands drive multipotential stromal cells to produce multiple growth factors and cytokines via early growth response-1Svetoslava S Kerpedjieva
Department of Pathology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15261, USA
Stem Cells Dev 21:2541-51. 2012..These data indicate EGR1 as a convergence point of multiple signaling pathways, which in turn augments the production of multiple growth factors and cytokines by enhancing the autocrine signaling with EGFR ligands...
- Fabrication and characterization of prosurvival growth factor releasing, anisotropic scaffolds for enhanced mesenchymal stem cell survival/growth and orientationFeng Wang
Department of Materials Science and Engineering, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
Biomacromolecules 10:2609-18. 2009..Under hypoxia/nutrient starvation conditions, the IGF-1 loaded scaffolds were found to significantly improve MSC survival...
- Improving Cell Engraftment in Cardiac Stem Cell TherapyXiaofei Li
Department of Materials Science and Engineering, The Ohio State University, 2041 College Road, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Stem Cells Int 2016:7168797. 2016..In this paper, we review current progress, advantages, disadvantages, and potential solutions of these approaches. ..
- Early growth response genes signaling supports strong paracrine capability of mesenchymal stem cellsKenichi Tamama
Department of Pathology, School of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
Stem Cells Int 2012:428403. 2012..Further study in vitro is required to understand MSCs' paracrine machinery and to optimize it as a tool for effective cell-based therapies...