Bret J Rudy
Affiliation: The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
- Peripheral blood lymphocyte subsets in adolescents: a longitudinal analysis from the REACH projectBret J Rudy
Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Department of Pediatrics, The University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 19104, USA
Clin Diagn Lab Immunol 9:959-65. 2002..Race and/or ethnicity was associated with differences in total CD8(+) cell counts and CD8(+) memory cell counts, although both of these associations involved an interaction with gender...
- Patient-related risks for nonadherence to antiretroviral therapy among HIV-infected youth in the United States: a study of prevalence and interactionsBret J Rudy
Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, 3535 Market Street, Suite 1517, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
AIDS Patient Care STDS 23:185-94. 2009..0001). Our data suggest that adolescents have significant rates of non-adherence and face multiple personal barriers. Adherence interventions must address multiple barriers to have the maximum chance for positive effects...
- Short-cycle therapy in adolescents after continuous therapy with established viral suppression: the impact on viral load suppressionBret J Rudy
Craig Dalsimer Division of Adolescent Medicine, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, 3535 Market Street, Suite 1517, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 25:555-61. 2009..Subjects demonstrated good adherence to the SCT regimen. This study suggests that further evaluation of SCT may be warranted in some groups of adolescents and young adults infected with HIV...
- Immune reconstitution and predictors of virologic failure in adolescents infected through risk behaviors and initiating HAART: week 60 results from the PACTG 381 cohortBret J Rudy
Children s Hospital of Philadelphia and University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 22:213-21. 2006..Several T cell markers were predictive of subsequent virologic failure in subjects achieving short-term success. Further study is warranted to determine whether these predictors provide any benefit to clinical management...
- Analyses of HIV-1 drug-resistance profiles among infected adolescents experiencing delayed antiretroviral treatment switch after initial nonsuppressive highly active antiretroviral therapyAllison Agwu
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Infectious Diseases, Johns Hopkins Medical Institution, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
AIDS Patient Care STDS 22:545-52. 2008..This finding may have implications for initial treatment regimens and transmission risk in HIV-infected youth, a group with rising infection rates...
- Correlates of HIV testing history among urban youth recruited through venue-based testing in 15 US citiesDiane M Straub
Department of Pediatrics, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL, USA
Sex Transm Dis 38:691-6. 2011..Our objective was to determine factors associated with history of HIV testing and receipt of results among a sample of urban, high-risk, sexually active adolescents in 15 US cities...
- Randomized trial to determine safety and immunogenicity of two strategies for hepatitis B vaccination in healthy urban adolescents in the United StatesColeen K Cunningham
Department of Pediatrics, Duke, Durham, NC, USA
Pediatr Infect Dis J 29:530-4. 2010..Multiple studies have shown excellent response rates after hepatitis B immunization in youth; however, one previous study conducted in urban youth demonstrated poor responses...
- Youth-specific considerations in the development of preexposure prophylaxis, microbicide, and vaccine research trialsBret J Rudy
Department of Pediatrics, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 54:S31-42. 2010..In this article, we will discuss issues around implementing each of these biomedical prevention modalities in trials among adolescents and young adults to help to guide future successful research targeting this population...
- Posttraumatic stress and trauma history in adolescents and young adults with HIVJerilynn Radcliffe
Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19010, USA
AIDS Patient Care STDS 21:501-8. 2007..These findings may inform professionals about the potential impact of the HIV diagnosis on adolescents and young adults, particularly as this may impact participation in medical care and need for mental health support...
- How to reach sexual minority youth in the health care setting: the teens offer guidanceKenneth R Ginsburg
Craig Dalsimer Division of Adolescent Medicine, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, 34th Street and Civic Center Boulevard, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Adolesc Health 31:407-16. 2002..To explore factors sexual minority youth believe make them feel safe in a health care setting...
- Methamphetamine use and risk for HIV among young men who have sex with men in 8 US citiesPeter Freeman
Division of General Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, The Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, 5200 Eastern Ave, Baltimore, MD 21224 2780, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 165:736-40. 2011..To examine methamphetamine use and its association with sexual behavior among young men who have sex with men...
- Creating partnerships for HIV prevention among YMSM: the Connect Protect® Project and House and Ball Community in PhiladelphiaMarne Castillo
Division of Adolescent Medicine, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
J Prev Interv Community 40:165-75. 2012..Local HIV testing data from C2P affiliated events, additional outcomes, and future directions for the coalition to continue these efforts are presented. ..
- Lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgendered, and questioning youth: the importance of a sensitive and confidential sexual history in identifying the risk and implementing treatment for sexually transmitted infectionsMarina Catallozzi
Craig Dalsimer Division of Adolescent Medicine, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, The University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, 34th Street and Civic Center Boulevard, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Adolesc Med Clin 15:353-67. 2004..Physicians caring for adolescents should consult recent comprehensive reviews to improve their understanding of the issues LGBTQ youth may encounter...
- Incident anal human papillomavirus and human papillomavirus-related sequelae in HIV-infected versus HIV-uninfected adolescents in the United StatesTanya L Kowalczyk Mullins
Division of Adolescent Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
Sex Transm Dis 40:715-20. 2013..Little is known about the incidence of anal human papillomavirus (HPV) infection and related sequelae, as well as factors associated with these outcomes, among adolescents who are HIV infected versus HIV uninfected but at risk...
- Stigma and sexual health risk in HIV-positive African American young men who have sex with menJerilynn Radcliffe
The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
AIDS Patient Care STDS 24:493-9. 2010..Individuals endorsing more HIV stigma reported more receptive anal intercourse. These findings support the development of stigma-informed secondary prevention interventions for African American HIV-positive young MSM...
- Adolescent Medicine Trials Network for HIV/AIDS Interve*BRET RUDY; Fiscal Year: 2007..The trials with HIV-infected adolescents and young adults will provide data required to prevent the spread of HIV from infected persons through better management strategies for infected individuals. ..