J A Rizzo
Affiliation: The Ohio State University
- Supply and demand factors in the determination of Medicare expendituresJ A Rizzo
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06510 8034
Health Serv Res 26:705-24. 1992..Whatever the merits of arguments for or against such controls, the responsiveness of Medicare expenditures to equal percentage changes in supply and demand factors appears to be of a similar order of magnitude...
- Multicomponent targeted intervention to prevent delirium in hospitalized older patients: what is the economic value?J A Rizzo
Department of Internal Medicine, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut, USA
Med Care 39:740-52. 2001..1 Before recommending that this preventive strategy be implemented in clinical practice, however, the cost implications must be thoroughly examined as well...
- Health care utilization and costs in a Medicare population by fall statusJ A Rizzo
Program on Aging, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520 8034, USA
Med Care 36:1174-88. 1998..Available evidence does suggest, however, that falls are the costliest category of injury among older persons...
- Linking the health utilities index to National Medical Expenditure Survey dataJ A Rizzo
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut, USA
Pharmacoeconomics 13:531-41. 1998..These values should be of use to those who wish to understand the global health of the US population for policy-making efforts...
- The labor productivity effects of chronic backache in the United StatesJ A Rizzo
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Med Care 36:1471-88. 1998..The goals of this study were to generate employee-level as well as national estimates of the labor productivity losses associated with chronic back ache...
- Explaining price variations for the inpatient treatment of congestive heart failureJ A Rizzo
Yale University, School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Am J Manag Care 4:1543-58. 1998..To identify key factors affecting hospital charge variations in the treatment of congestive heart failure...