R P Rao
Affiliation: The Salk Institute
- Development of localized oriented receptive fields by learning a translation-invariant code for natural imagesR P Rao
Salk Institute, Sloan Center for Theoretical Neurobiology, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Network 9:219-34. 1998..We provide experimental results demonstrating the ability of such networks to factor retinal stimuli into object-centred features and object-invariant transformation estimates...
- Predictive coding in the visual cortex: a functional interpretation of some extra-classical receptive-field effectsR P Rao
Salk Institute, Sloan Center for Theoretical Neurobiology, La Jolla, California, USA
Nat Neurosci 2:79-87. 1999....
- An optimal estimation approach to visual perception and learningR P Rao
Salk Institute, Sloan Center for Theoretical Neurobiology and Computational Neurobiology Laboratory, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Vision Res 39:1963-89. 1999..Experimental results are provided to help demonstrate the ability of such a model to perform robust segmentation and recognition of objects and image sequences in the presence of occlusions and clutter...
- Frequency dependence of spike timing reliability in cortical pyramidal cells and interneuronsJ M Fellous
Computational Neurobiology Laboratory, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Sloan Center for Theoretical Neurobiology, The Salk Institute for Biological Studies, La Jolla California 92037, USA
J Neurophysiol 85:1782-7. 2001..The observed differences in the intrinsic frequency preference between pyramidal cells and interneurons have implications for rhythmogenesis and information transmission between populations of cortical neurons...
- Predictive learning of temporal sequences in recurrent neocortical circuitsR P Rao
Sloan Center for Theoretical Neurobiology, The Salk Institute for Biological Studies, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Novartis Found Symp 239:208-29; discussion 229-40. 2001....