Craig M Pratt
Affiliation: The Methodist Hospital
- Efficacy and safety of prescription omega-3-acid ethyl esters for the prevention of recurrent symptomatic atrial fibrillation: a prospective studyCraig M Pratt
Methodist DeBakey Heart and Vascular Center, 6565 Fannin Street, F1001, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Am Heart J 158:163-169.e1-3. 2009..This study is designed to further assess the effect of prescription omega-3 ethyl esters (P-OM3) in the prevention of recurrent AF in patients with AF without (significant) structural heart disease...
- Usefulness of vernakalant hydrochloride injection for rapid conversion of atrial fibrillationCraig M Pratt
Department of Cardiology, Methodist DeBakey Heart and Vascular Center, Methodist Research Institute, Houston, Texas, USA
Am J Cardiol 106:1277-83. 2010..In conclusion, vernakalant demonstrated a rapid and high rate of conversion for short-duration AF and was well tolerated...
- Cumulative experience of azimilide-associated torsades de pointes ventricular tachycardia in the 19 clinical studies comprising the azimilide databaseCraig M Pratt
Department of Cardiology, Methodist DeBakey Heart Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 48:471-7. 2006..The purpose of this study was to assess the incidence, temporal characteristics, and risk factors associated with azimilide-associated torsades de pointes (TdP) ventricular tachycardia...
- Design of the SHock Inhibition Evaluation with Azimilide (SHIELD) study: a novel method to assess antiarrhythmic drug effect in patients with an implantable cardioverter-defibrillatorCraig M Pratt
The Methodist DeBakey Heart Center and the Section of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, 6565 Fannin Street, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Am J Cardiol 95:274-6. 2005..The primary efficacy end points are time to all-cause shocks and time to all-cause shocks plus symptomatic ventricular arrhythmic events triggering antitachycardia pacing measured from randomization...
- Value of CACS compared with ETT and myocardial perfusion imaging for predicting long-term cardiac outcome in asymptomatic and symptomatic patients at low risk for coronary disease: clinical implications in a multimodality imaging worldSu Min Chang
Houston Methodist DeBakey Heart and Vascular Center, Houston, Texas
JACC Cardiovasc Imaging 8:134-44. 2015....
- The coronary artery calcium score and stress myocardial perfusion imaging provide independent and complementary prediction of cardiac riskSu Min Chang
Methodist DeBakey Heart and Vascular Center and The Methodist Hospital Research Institute, The Methodist Hospital, Houston, Texas, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 54:1872-82. 2009..This study sought to examine the relationship between coronary artery calcium score (CACS) and single-photon emission computed tomography (SPECT) results for predicting the short- and long-term risk of cardiac events...
- The efficacy of azimilide in the treatment of atrial fibrillation in the presence of left ventricular systolic dysfunction: results from the Azimilide Postinfarct Survival Evaluation (ALIVE) trialCraig M Pratt
The Methodist DeBakey Heart Center and Department of Medicine, Section of Cardiology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 43:1211-6. 2004....
- Results of a non-specific immunomodulation therapy in chronic heart failure (ACCLAIM trial): a placebo-controlled randomised trialGuillermo Torre-Amione
Heart Transplant Program, Methodist DeBakey Heart Center, Methodist Hospital, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Lancet 371:228-36. 2008..Evidence suggests that inflammatory mediators contribute to development and progression of chronic heart failure. We therefore tested the hypothesis that immunomodulation might counteract this pathophysiological mechanism in patients...
- Coronary artery calcium scoring in the emergency department: identifying which patients with chest pain can be safely discharged homeFaisal Nabi
Methodist DeBakey Heart and Vascular Center, The Methodist Hospital, Houston, TX, USA
Ann Emerg Med 56:220-9. 2010..Our objective is to evaluate whether a CACS of zero will identify chest pain patients who can be safely discharged home, without need for further cardiac testing...