Affiliation: The Ohio State University
- It depends: conditional correlation between frequency of storybook reading and emergent literacy skills in children with language impairmentsStephen A Petrill
Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, USA
J Learn Disabil 47:491-502. 2014....
- Math fluency is etiologically distinct from untimed math performance, decoding fluency, and untimed reading performance: evidence from a twin studySTEPHEN PETRILL
Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
J Learn Disabil 45:371-81. 2012..These results suggest that math fluency, although related to other math measures, may also be a genetically distinct dimension of mathematics performance...
- Genetic and environmental influences on the growth of early reading skillsStephen A Petrill
The Ohio State University, OH, USA
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 51:660-7. 2010..This study is the first to examine the genetic and environmental influences on both initial level of performance and rate of subsequent growth in early reading...
- The genetic and environmental etiology of high math performance in 10-year-old twinsStephen A Petrill
Department of Human Development and Family Science, Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Behav Genet 39:371-9. 2009..These results suggest that the genetic and environmental influences at the high end of ability are likely to be continuous with those that affect the entire range of math performance across all children irrespective of gender...
- Environmental influences on the longitudinal covariance of expressive vocabulary: measuring the home literacy environment in a genetically sensitive designSara A Hart
Department of Human Development and Family Science, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43204, USA
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 50:911-9. 2009..This study examined the influence of the home literacy environment on the longitudinal covariance of expressive vocabulary within a genetically sensitive design...
- Genetic influences on language, reading, and mathematics skills in a national sample: an analysis using the National Longitudinal Survey of YouthSara A Hart
The Ohio State University, Human Development and Family Science, 1787 Neil Avenue, 135 Campbell Hall, Columbus, OH 43204, USA
Lang Speech Hear Serv Sch 41:118-28. 2010..S. Department of Labor, 2009) database and use the database to seek convergent evidence regarding the magnitude and significance of genetic effects influencing low and typical performers on measures of language, reading, and mathematics...
- Feasibility, efficacy, and social validity of home-based storybook reading intervention for children with language impairmentLaura M Justice
The Ohio State University, Columbus, USA
J Speech Lang Hear Res 54:523-38. 2011..This study evaluated the feasibility, efficacy, and social validity of a parent-implemented intervention for promoting print knowledge in preschoolers with language impairment...
- GENETICS OF GENERAL AND SPECIFIC MATH DISABILITIESSTEPHEN PETRILL; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- ENVIRONMENTAL INFLUENCES ON EARLY READING: A TWIN STUDYStephen A Petrill; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..