Bernadette Mazurek Melnyk
Affiliation: The Ohio State University
- The state of evidence-based practice in US nurses: critical implications for nurse leaders and educatorsBernadette Mazurek Melnyk
The Ohio State University College of Nursing, 1585 Neil Ave, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
J Nurs Adm 42:410-7. 2012..Nurse leaders and educators must provide learning opportunities regarding EBP and facilitate supportive cultures to achieve the Institute of Medicine's 2020 goal that 90% of clinical decisions be evidence-based...
- Twelve-Month Effects of the COPE Healthy Lifestyles TEEN Program on Overweight and Depressive Symptoms in High School AdolescentsBernadette M Melnyk
College of Medicine, The Ohio State University, 1585 Neil Avenue, Columbus, OH 43210
J Sch Health 85:861-70. 2015....
- Relationships Among Perceived Wellness Culture, Healthy Lifestyle Beliefs, and Healthy Behaviors in University Faculty and Staff: Implications for Practice and Future ResearchBernadette Mazurek Melnyk
The Ohio State University, Columbus, USA
West J Nurs Res 38:308-24. 2016..Interventions to enhance perceived wellness culture and healthy lifestyle beliefs should result in healthier behaviors and improved health outcomes. ..
- Promoting healthy lifestyles in high school adolescents: a randomized controlled trialBernadette M Melnyk
Colleges of Nursing and Medicine Melnyk, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio Electronic address
Am J Prev Med 45:407-15. 2013..Although obesity and mental health disorders are two major public health problems in adolescents that affect academic performance, few rigorously designed experimental studies have been conducted in high schools...
- The COPE healthy lifestyles TEEN randomized controlled trial with culturally diverse high school adolescents: baseline characteristics and methodsBernadette Mazurek Melnyk
College of Nursing, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Contemp Clin Trials 36:41-53. 2013....
- Distinguishing the preparation and roles of Doctor of Philosophy and Doctor of Nursing Practice graduates: national implications for academic curricula and health care systemsBernadette Mazurek Melnyk
The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, USA
J Nurs Educ 52:442-8. 2013..A national call to action and future implications for research, academia, and health care settings are highlighted...
- USPSTF perspective on evidence-based preventive recommendations for childrenBernadette Mazurek Melnyk
College of Nursing, The Ohio State University, Newton Hall, 1585 Neil Ave, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Pediatrics 130:e399-407. 2012..Strategies to accelerate the implementation of evidence-based services and areas of need for future research to fill key gaps in evidence-based recommendations and guidelines are highlighted...
- Achieving a high-reliability organization through implementation of the ARCC model for systemwide sustainability of evidence-based practiceBernadette Mazurek Melnyk
College of Nursing, The Ohio State University, 1585 Neil Ave, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Nurs Adm Q 36:127-35. 2012....
- Evidence-based practice, step by step: sustaining evidence-based practice through organizational policies and an innovative modelBernadette Mazurek Melnyk
The Ohio State University College of Nursing in Columbus, USA
Am J Nurs 111:57-60. 2011..The complete EBP series is available as a collection on our Web site; go to www.ajnonline.com and click on Collections...
- Feasibility, Acceptability, and Preliminary Effects of the COPE Online Cognitive-Behavioral Skill-Building Program on Mental Health Outcomes and Academic Performance in Freshmen College Students: A Randomized Controlled Pilot StudyBernadette Mazurek Melnyk
College of Nursing, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, USA
J Child Adolesc Psychiatr Nurs 28:147-54. 2015..Despite the increasing prevalence of mental health disorders in university students, few receive needed evidence-based treatment...
- Consumer preferences and values as an integral key to evidence-based practiceBernadette Mazurek Melnyk
College of Nursing, Arizona State University, Tempe 85287, USA
Nurs Adm Q 30:123-7. 2006..This article briefly reviews the status of EBP in the United States, described the ARCC mentorship model, and highlights how to engage consumers in the EBP process...
- Comparison of intervention fidelity between COPE TEEN and an attention-control program in a randomized controlled trialStephanie A Kelly
College of Nursing, The Ohio State University, 1585 Neal Ave, Columbus, OH 43210, USA, Prevention Research Center, Arizona State University, 900 S McAllister Ave, Suite 205, Tempe, AZ 85287, USA and College of Nursing and Health Innovation, Arizona State University, 400 N 3 St, Phoenix, AZ 85004, USA
Health Educ Res 30:233-47. 2015..It is important to assess novel skill development prior to the commencement of experimental interventions and to provide corrective feedback during the course of implementation. ..
- The establishment of evidence-based practice competencies for practicing registered nurses and advanced practice nurses in real-world clinical settings: proficiencies to improve healthcare quality, reliability, patient outcomes, and costsBernadette Mazurek Melnyk
Associate Vice President for Health Promotion, University Chief Wellness Officer, Dean and Professor, College of Nursing, Professor of Pediatrics and Psychiatry, College of Medicine, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH
Worldviews Evid Based Nurs 11:5-15. 2014..Adoption of specific EBP competencies for nurses and advanced practice nurses (APNs) who practice in real-world healthcare settings can assist institutions in achieving high-value, low-cost evidence-based health care...
- Outcomes and implementation strategies from the first U.S. Evidence-Based Practice Leadership SummitBernadette Mazurek Melnyk
College of Nursing, Arizona State University, Tempe, Arizona, USA
Worldviews Evid Based Nurs 2:113-21. 2005
- A Study of Chief Nurse Executives Indicates Low Prioritization of Evidence-Based Practice and Shortcomings in Hospital Performance Metrics Across the United StatesBernadette Mazurek Melnyk
Associate Vice President for Health Promotion, University Chief Wellness Officer, Dean and Professor, College of Nursing, Professor of Pediatrics and Psychiatry, College of Medicine, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, USA
Worldviews Evid Based Nurs 13:6-14. 2016....
- Relationships among work stress, job satisfaction, mental health, and healthy lifestyle behaviors in new graduate nurses attending the nurse athlete program: a call to action for nursing leadersBernadette Mazurek Melnyk
The Ohio State University College of Nursing, Columbus, Ohio
Nurs Adm Q 37:278-85. 2013..Furthermore, a high percentage of new graduate nurses leave their positions in the first year of employment, resulting in exorbitant costs to health care systems...
- Validation and psychometric properties of the neonatal intensive care unit parental beliefs scaleBernadette Mazurek Melnyk
Bernadette Mazurek Melnyk, PhD, RN, CPNP PMHNP, FAAN, is Associate Vice President for Health Promotion, University Chief Wellness Officer, and Dean and Professor, College of Nursing, The Ohio State University, Columbus Krista L Oswalt, PhD, is Research Assistant Professor, Arizona State University, Tempe Kimberly Sidora Arcoleo, PhD, MPH, is Associate Dean for Research and Transdisciplinary Scholarship and Director, Center for Women, Children and Youth, The Ohio State University, Columbus
Nurs Res 63:105-15. 2014..Parental perception of their infants and confidence/beliefs about their parenting are among the most salient factors influencing outcomes of preterm infants...