Paul J Matts
Affiliation: The Procter and Gamble Company
- Ultraviolet A radiation: testing and labeling for sunscreen productsJ F Nash
Central Product Safety, The Procter and Gamble Company, Cincinnati, OH 45241, USA
Dermatol Clin 24:63-74. 2006..Ideally, the photoprotective efficacy of sunscreen products will be communicated to consumers as an SPF no greater than 50 and a single designation of "broad-spectrum" to indicate long-wavelength UVA protection...
- Measuring the effects of topical moisturizers on changes in stratum corneum thickness, water gradients and hydration in vivoJ M Crowther
Procter and Gamble Technical Centres Ltd, Rusham Park, Whitehall Lane, Egham, Surrey, TW20 9NW, UK
Br J Dermatol 159:567-77. 2008....
- Solar ultraviolet radiation: definitions and terminologyPaul J Matts
Skin Care, The Procter and Gamble Company, Egham, Surrey, UK
Dermatol Clin 24:1-8. 2006....
- The distribution of melanin in skin determined in vivoP J Matts
Procter and Gamble, Rusham Park Technical Centre, Egham, Surrey TW20 9NW, UK
Br J Dermatol 156:620-8. 2007..Existing methods are limited by a lack of specificity and inability to resolve the spatial distribution of these chromophores...
- New insights into skin appearance and measurementPaul J Matts
The Procter and Gamble Company, Rusham Park Technical Centre, Whitehall Lane, Surrey, UK
J Investig Dermatol Symp Proc 13:6-9. 2008..This technique may be useful in the assessment of cosmetic interventions to reduce the appearance of aging by modification of skin color...
- Chronic sun damage and the perception of age, health and attractivenessPaul J Matts
The Procter and Gamble Company, London Innovation Centre, Whitehall Lane, Egham, Surrey, UK TW20 9NW
Photochem Photobiol Sci 9:421-31. 2010..Hence, it may be that these insights bring true emotional impetus to the adoption of sun protection strategies, which could conceivably impact skin cancer rates in coming years...
- The COLIPA in vitro UVA method: a standard and reproducible measure of sunscreen UVA protectionP J Matts
Procter and Gamble, London Innovation Centre, Egham, Surrey, TW20 9NW, U K
Int J Cosmet Sci 32:35-46. 2010..This new method, therefore, can be used to provide a reliable in vitro metric to describe and label UVA efficacy in sunscreen products, in line with the EU Commission recommendation 2006/247/EC...
- Color homogeneity and visual perception of age, health, and attractiveness of female facial skinPaul J Matts
P and G Beauty, Egham, United Kingdom
J Am Acad Dermatol 57:977-84. 2007..Evolutionary psychology suggests that skin signals aspects of mate value, yet only limited empirical evidence exists for this assertion...
- Visual attention to variation in female facial skin color distributionBernhard Fink
Department of Sociobiology Anthropology, Institute of Zoology and Anthropology, University of Gottingen, Gottingen, Germany
J Cosmet Dermatol 7:155-61. 2008..Recent research has shown that people are sensitive to variation in skin color distribution, and such variation affects visual perception of female facial attractiveness, healthiness, and age...