W T Mahle
Affiliation: The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
- Unexpected death after reconstructive surgery for hypoplastic left heart syndromeW T Mahle
Division of Cardiology, The Cardiac Center at The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, 19104, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 71:61-5. 2001..The goal of the present study was to determine the incidence of and risk factors for unexpected death in patients with hypoplastic left heart syndrome...
- Long-term developmental outcome of children with complex congenital heart diseaseW T Mahle
Division of Cardiology, Department of Pediatrics, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, USA
Clin Perinatol 28:235-47. 2001..Continued efforts are underway to reduce cerebral injury before, during, and after congenital heart surgery...
- Impact of prenatal diagnosis on survival and early neurologic morbidity in neonates with the hypoplastic left heart syndromeW T Mahle
Division of Cardiology, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Pediatrics 107:1277-82. 2001..Prenatal diagnosis may be particularly beneficial to patients who have hypoplastic left heart syndrome (HLHS) and who are at risk for hypoxic-ischemic insult at presentation...
- Atrioventricular valve replacement in patients with a single ventricleW T Mahle
Division of Cardiology, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, 19104, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 72:182-6. 2001..Although many patients can be managed with valvuloplasty alone, some patients require AVV replacement. The optimal timing, outcome, and risk factors for AVV replacement in this population have not been described...
- Allopurinol neurocardiac protection trial in infants undergoing heart surgery using deep hypothermic circulatory arrestR R Clancy
Division of Neurology, Pennsylvania, USA
Pediatrics 108:61-70. 2001....
- Atrioventricular valve regurgitation in patients with single ventricle: impact of the bidirectional cavopulmonary anastomosisW T Mahle
Division of Cardiology, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 72:831-5. 2001..It is not known whether atrioventricular valve regurgitation (AVVR) can improve in some patients after the bidirectional cavopulmonary anastomosis (BCPA) without undertaking concomitant valvuloplasty...
- Quantitative echocardiographic assessment of the performance of the functionally single right ventricle after the Fontan operationW T Mahle
Division of Cardiology, The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Cardiol Young 11:399-406. 2001..Use of the echocardiographic techniques provide insight into ventricular mechanics in patients with functionally single ventricles, and may be valuable tools for serial quantitative follow-up...
- Neurologic and cognitive outcomes in children with congenital heart diseaseW T Mahle
Sibley Heart Center, Department of Pediatrics, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30322 1028, USA
Curr Opin Pediatr 13:482-6. 2001..Ongoing documentation of the long-term outcome in this population needs to be mandated, as does the implementation of environmental enrichment programs to help ameliorate the long-term consequences of congenital heart disease...
- Incidental intracranial hemorrhage after uncomplicated birth: MRI before and after neonatal heart surgeryF Tavani
Neuroradiology Department, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, 34th Street and Civic Center Blvd, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Neuroradiology 45:253-8. 2003..6 per patient), but all appeared asymptomatic. Postoperatively, ICH had increased in 10 children (43%), was unchanged in seven (30%) and was less extensive in six (26%)...