Elizabeth D Lowenthal
Affiliation: The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
- Prediction of HIV Virologic Failure Among Adolescents Using the Pediatric Symptom ChecklistElizabeth D Lowenthal
Departments of Pediatrics and Epidemiology, Perelman School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, USA
AIDS Behav 19:2044-8. 2015..Elevated PSC scores were associated with virologic failure in the subsequent 6 months. PSC scores may help guide resource utilization when viral load monitoring is limited. ..
- Association between efavirenz-based compared with nevirapine-based antiretroviral regimens and virological failure in HIV-infected childrenElizabeth D Lowenthal
Department of Pediatrics, University of Pennsylvania Perelman School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
JAMA 309:1803-9. 2013..Data on the comparative effectiveness of these medications in children are limited...
- Rapid psychosocial function screening test identified treatment failure in HIV+ African youthELIZABETH LOWENTHAL
General Pediatrics, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, PA, USA
AIDS Care 24:722-7. 2012..In 692 HIV-infected treated children (ages of 8-< 17 years) in Botswana, having a high score on the PSC was associated with having virologic failure (OR 1.7, 95% CI: 1.1-2.6). The PSC may be a useful screening tool in pediatric HIV...
- Relationship of training to self-reported competency and care of adolescents in an African health care settingElizabeth D Lowenthal
General Pediatrics and Global Health, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Adolesc Health 49:431-3. 2011..We explored the association between training, self-reported competence, and clinical practice related to adolescent health in an African setting...
- Psychosocial assessments for HIV+ African adolescents: establishing construct validity and exploring under-appreciated correlates of adherenceElizabeth D Lowenthal
University of Pennsylvania Perelman School of Medicine, Departments of Pediatrics and Epidemiology, Philadelphia, PA, United States of America Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Department of General Pediatrics, Philadelphia, PA, United States of America Botswana UPenn Partnership, Gaborone, Botswana
PLoS ONE 9:e109302. 2014..Culturally-adapted and validated tools for measuring these factors in African adolescents are lacking. We aimed to identify culturally-specific factors of importance to establishing local construct validity in Botswana...
- Perinatally acquired HIV infection in adolescents from sub-Saharan Africa: a review of emerging challengesElizabeth D Lowenthal
Departments of Pediatrics and Epidemiology, University of Pennsylvania, Perelman School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA, USA Department of Paediatrics, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA, USA Botswana UPenn Partnership, Gaborone, Botswana
Lancet Infect Dis 14:627-39. 2014....