Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: The University of Texas
- Human Claspin works with BRCA1 to both positively and negatively regulate cell proliferationShiaw Yih Lin
Verna and Marrs McLean Department of Biochemistry, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:6484-9. 2004..These results suggest that Claspin has properties of both a tumor suppressor and an oncogene...
- The DNA damage response: Balancing the scale between cancer and ageingElena G Seviour
Department of Systems, Biology, M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77054, USA
Aging (Albany NY) 2:900-7. 2010..While the removal of cells containing damaged DNA can be beneficial in the prevention of cancer, it may contribute to both normal and pathological ageing...
- BRIT1/MCPH1 links chromatin remodelling to DNA damage responseGuang Peng
Department of Systems Biology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, 77054, USA
Nat Cell Biol 11:865-72. 2009..Our findings therefore identify BRIT1 as a key molecule that links chromatin remodelling with response to DNA damage in the control of DNA repair, and its dysfunction contributes to human disease...
- Multiple roles of BRIT1/MCPH1 in DNA damage response, DNA repair, and cancer suppressionShiaw Yih Lin
Department of Systems Biology, MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77054, USA
Yonsei Med J 51:295-301. 2010....
- BRIT1/MCPH1 is a DNA damage responsive protein that regulates the Brca1-Chk1 pathway, implicating checkpoint dysfunction in microcephalyShiaw Yih Lin
Department of Molecular Therapeutics, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77054, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:15105-9. 2005..We propose that the microcephaly observed in patients with MCPH1 deficiencies is due to disruption of the ATR-BRCA1-Chk1 signaling pathway that is also disrupted in Seckel syndrome patients...
- BRIT1/MCPH1: a guardian of genome and an enemy of tumorsMichael Chaplet
Department of Molecular Therapeutics, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77054, USA
Cell Cycle 5:2579-83. 2006..Together, the findings identify BRIT1 as a potential tumor suppressor. Fully elucidating the function of this intriguing protein may lead to new therapeutic approaches for the improved cancer treatment...
- BRIT1 regulates early DNA damage response, chromosomal integrity, and cancerRekha Rai
Department of Molecular Therapeutics, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77054, USA
Cancer Cell 10:145-57. 2006..These results identify BRIT1 as a crucial DNA damage regulator in the ATM/ATR pathways and suggest that it functions as a tumor suppressor gene...
- A retrovirus-based protein complementation assay screen reveals functional AKT1-binding partnersZhiyong Ding
Department of Molecular Therapeutics, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, Box 950, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:15014-9. 2006..Thus, ACTN4 is a critical regulator of AKT1 localization and function...
- Use of RNA interference to target cyclin E-overexpressing hepatocellular carcinomaKaiyi Li
Department of Surgery, Baylor College of Medicine and The Methodist Hospital, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Cancer Res 63:3593-7. 2003..Our results also indicate that cyclin E, which is overexpressed in 70% of HCCs, may serve as a novel therapeutic target...
- Differential regulation of centrosome integrity by DNA damage response proteinsRekha Rai
Advanced Centre for Treatment Research and Education in Cancer, Tata Memorial Center, Kharghar, Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Cell Cycle 7:2225-33. 2008..Together, MDC1 and BRIT1 may function as tumor-suppressor genes, at least in part by orchestrating proper centrosome duplication and mitotic spindle assembly...
- DNA damage response: the players, the network and the role in tumor suppressionRekha Rai
ACTREC CRI, TMC, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Cancer Genomics Proteomics 4:99-106. 2007..The recent research discoveries on how dysfunction in DNA damage response contributes to genomic instability and cancer development are also discussed...
- Chk2--Roles in Checkpoint and Breast Tumor SuppressionShiaw Yih Lin; Fiscal Year: 2003..We believe that the mechanisms and targets discovered in our studies will be critical for developing more effective approaches in breast cancer therapy in the future. ..
- BRIT 1: Roles in Immortalization, Checkpoints and CancerShiaw Yih Lin; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Functional and Clinical Analysis of Rak in Breast Cancer SuppressionShiaw Yih Lin; Fiscal Year: 2011..abstract_text> ..