Marjean T Kulp
Affiliation: The Ohio State University
- A pilot study. Depth perception and near stereoacuity: is it related to academic performance in young children?Marjean Taylor Kulp
The Ohio State University College of Optometry, Columbus, OH 43218 2342, USA
Binocul Vis Strabismus Q 17:129-34; discussion 133. 2002..A study of the relationship between an overall measure of visual function at near, specifically stereoacuity, and academic performance in kindergarten through second grade was conducted...
- Is visual memory predictive of below-average academic achievement in second through fourth graders?Marjean Taylor Kulp
The Ohio State University College of Optometry, Columbus 43218 2342, USA
Optom Vis Sci 79:431-4. 2002..Controversy exists regarding the relation between visual memory and academic achievement...
- Clinical value of the Beery visual-motor integration supplemental tests of visual perception and motor coordinationMarjean Taylor Kulp
The Ohio State University College of Optometry, Columbus 43218 2343, USA
Optom Vis Sci 80:312-5. 2003..However, the clinical value of the VMI supplemental tests has not been reported...
- Are the results of the Beery-Buktenica Developmental Test of Visual-Motor Integration and its subtests related to achievement test scores?Jennifer Mazzola Sortor
The Ohio State University, College of Optometry, Columbus, OH 43218, USA
Optom Vis Sci 80:758-63. 2003..This investigation relates academic achievement in reading and math to performance on the Beery-Buktenica Developmental Test of Visual-Motor Integration (VMI) and its subtests, Visual Perception and Motor Coordination...
- Feasibility of using placebo vision therapy in a multicenter clinical trialMarjean Taylor Kulp
College of Optometry, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
Optom Vis Sci 85:255-61. 2008..The purpose of this paper is to evaluate the effectiveness of this placebo therapy program in maintaining masking of subjects randomized to the office-based treatment arms (real or placebo)...
- Comparison of preschool vision screening tests as administered by licensed eye care professionals in the Vision In Preschoolers StudyPaulette Schmidt
College of Optometry, The Ohio State University, 320 West Tenth Avenue, PO Box 182342, Columbus, OH 43218 2342, USA
Ophthalmology 111:637-50. 2004..To compare 11 preschool vision screening tests administered by licensed eye care professionals (LEPs; optometrists and pediatric ophthalmologists)...
- Symptoms in children with convergence insufficiency: before and after treatmentCarmen Barnhardt
Southern California College of Optometry, Fullerton, California 92831, USA
Optom Vis Sci 89:1512-20. 2012..To investigate symptom patterns and evaluate the relationship between patient characteristics and symptom severity before and after treatment for symptomatic children with convergence insufficiency (CI)...
- Sensitivity of screening tests for detecting vision in preschoolers-targeted vision disorders when specificity is 94%Gui Shuang Ying
The Ohio State University, College of Optometry, Columbus, OH 43218 2342, USA
Optom Vis Sci 82:432-8. 2005..To compare the sensitivity of 11 preschool vision screening tests administered by licensed eye care professionals for the detection of the 4 Vision in Preschoolers (VIP)-targeted vision disorders when specificity is 94%...
- Random Dot E stereotest: testability and reliability in 3- to 5-year-old childrenPaulette Schmidt
J AAPOS 10:507-14. 2006..To determine the proportion of preschoolers testable with the Random Dot E (RDE) stereotest and the between-tester reliability...
- Validity and reliability of the revised convergence insufficiency symptom survey in children aged 9 to 18 yearsEric J Borsting
Southern California College of Optometry, 2575 Yorba Linda Blvd, Fullerton, CA 92831, USA
Optom Vis Sci 80:832-8. 2003..The CISS is the primary outcome measure for a pilot study evaluating two different treatments for convergence insufficiency (CI)...
- A randomized clinical trial of vision therapy/orthoptics versus pencil pushups for the treatment of convergence insufficiency in young adultsMitchell Scheiman
Eye Institute, Pennsylvania College of Optometry, Philadelphia, PA 19141
Optom Vis Sci 82:583-95. 2005..The purpose of this article is to compare vision therapy/orthoptics, pencil pushups, and placebo vision therapy/orthoptics as treatments for symptomatic convergence insufficiency in adults 19 to 30 years of age...
- Randot stereoacuity testing in young childrenMarjean Taylor Kulp
The Ohio State University College of Optometry Columbus, Ohio 43218 2342, USA
J Pediatr Ophthalmol Strabismus 42:360-4. 2005..We sought to determine the completion rate of the Randot test among young children with normal vision and to calculate normative values...
- Predictive value of photoscreening and traditional screening of preschool childrenPaulette Schmidt
J AAPOS 10:377-8; author reply 378-9. 2006
- VISION SCREENING IN PRESCHOOLERS/TOSU CLINICAL CENTERMarjean Kulp; Fiscal Year: 2004..Complete details of the VIP Study rationale, design, and methods are contained in the VIP Manual of Procedures (MOP), which is submitted with the VIP Study chair application. ..
- CONVERGENCE INSUFFICIENCY TREATMENT TRIALMarjean Kulp; Fiscal Year: 2006..S. The Study Chair is located at the [unreadable] Pennsylvania College of Optometry and the national Data Coordinating Center is located at The Ohio State University Optometry Coordinating Center. [unreadable] [unreadable]..