Alexander N Jordan
Affiliation: The Cooper Institute
- Pedometer indices for weekly physical activity recommendations in postmenopausal womenAlexander N Jordan
The Cooper Institute Centers for Integrated Health Research, Center for Laboratory and Medical Research, Dallas, TX 75230, USA
Med Sci Sports Exerc 37:1627-32. 2005..The aim of this study was to quantify pedometer-determined steps per day associated with 50, 100, and 150% of the current public health recommendation for weekly physical activity in sedentary postmenopausal women...
- TREAD: TReatment with Exercise Augmentation for Depression: study rationale and designMadhukar H Trivedi
Department of Psychiatry, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas, USA
Clin Trials 3:291-305. 2006..However, no randomized controlled trials have evaluated exercise as an augmentation strategy for patients with carefully diagnosed MDD who remain symptomatic following an adequate acute phase trial of antidepressant therapy...
- Eight weeks of moderate-intensity exercise training increases heart rate variability in sedentary postmenopausal womenRadim Jurca
The Cooper Institute, Dallas, Tex 75230, USA
Am Heart J 147:e21. 2004..However, results from studies examining the effect of exercise training on HRV in postmenopausal women are inconclusive. In addition, the effect of hormone replacement therapy (HRT) on HRV remains a subject of speculation...
- Effects of oral ATP supplementation on anaerobic power and muscular strengthAlexander N Jordan
The Cooper Institute Centers for Integrated Health Research, Center for Human Performance and Nutrition Research, Dallas, TX, USA
Med Sci Sports Exerc 36:983-90. 2004..We examined 14 d of oral adenosine 5'-triphosphate (ATP) supplementation on indices of anaerobic capacity and muscular strength...
- Associations of muscle strength and fitness with metabolic syndrome in menRadim Jurca
The Cooper Institute, Dallas, TX 75230, USA
Med Sci Sports Exerc 36:1301-7. 2004..To examine the associations for muscular strength and cardiorespiratory fitness with the prevalence of metabolic syndrome among men...
- Cholesterol-lowering effects of bovine serum immunoglobulin in participants with mild hypercholesterolemiaConrad P Earnest
Center for Human Performance and Nutrition Research, The Cooper Institute Centers for Integrated Health Research, Dallas, TX, USA
Am J Clin Nutr 81:792-8. 2005..The consumption of milk products has been shown to lower cholesterol. The mechanism of action surrounding this observation has been attributed to the protein fraction of milk and serum...
- Exercise as an augmentation strategy for treatment of major depressionMadhukar H Trivedi
University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, Mood Disorders Research Program and Clinic, 6363 Forest Park, Dallas, TX 75235, USA
J Psychiatr Pract 12:205-13. 2006..Practical tips on how practitioners can use exercise to enhance antidepressant treatment are discussed. Longer-term use of exercise is also likely to confer additional health benefits for this population...
- Effects of a commercial herbal-based formula on exercise performance in cyclistsConrad P Earnest
Center for Human Performance and Nutrition Research, The Cooper Institute Center for Human Performance and Nutrition Research, Dallas, TX 75230, USA
Med Sci Sports Exerc 36:504-9. 2004..1 (1.8) yr; height: 178.5 (1.8) cm; weight: 77.1 (1.6) kg]...
- Physical activity in prefrail older adults: confidence and satisfaction related to physical functionW Jack Rejeski
Department of Health and Exercise Science, Box 7868, Wake Forest University, Winston Salem, NC 27109, USA
J Gerontol B Psychol Sci Soc Sci 63:P19-26. 2008..This is an important finding in light of the importance of these process variables in behavior change and quality of life...