Rebecca N Ichord
Affiliation: The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
- Interrater reliability of the Pediatric National Institutes of Health Stroke Scale (PedNIHSS) in a multicenter studyRebecca N Ichord
Department of Neurology, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Colket Translational Research Building 10th Floor, 3501 Civic Center Blvd, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Stroke 42:613-7. 2011..Clinical trials for childhood stroke require a valid and reliable acute clinical stroke scale. We evaluated interrater reliability (IRR) of a pediatric adaptation of the National Institutes of Health Stroke Scale...
- Hypoxic-ischemic injury complicates inflicted and accidental traumatic brain injury in young children: the role of diffusion-weighted imagingRebecca N Ichord
Department of Neurology, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, 34th and Civic Center Boulevard, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Neurotrauma 24:106-18. 2007..HII predicted need for in-patient rehabilitation in a large majority of children...
- Seizures as a presenting symptom of acute arterial ischemic stroke in childhoodNicholas S Abend
Department of Neurology, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Pediatr 159:479-83. 2011..To define the incidence of seizures as a presenting symptom of acute arterial ischemic stroke (AIS) in children and to determine whether younger age, infarct location, or AIS etiology were risk factors for seizure at AIS presentation...
- Outcome prediction by motor and pupillary responses in children treated with therapeutic hypothermia after cardiac arrestNicholas S Abend
Division of Neurology, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, The University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Pediatr Crit Care Med 13:32-8. 2012..We aimed to determine the prognostic value of motor and pupillary responses in children treated with therapeutic hypothermia after cardiac arrest...
- Hemorrhagic transformation of childhood arterial ischemic strokeLauren A Beslow
Division of Neurology, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Colket Translational Research Building, 3501 Civic Center Boulevard, 10th Floor Room 10011, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Stroke 42:941-6. 2011..The objective of this study was to describe the occurrence of hemorrhagic transformation (HT) among children with arterial ischemic stroke within 30 days after symptom onset and to describe clinical factors associated with HT...
- Repeated traumatic brain injury affects composite cognitive function in pigletsStuart H Friess
Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
J Neurotrauma 26:1111-21. 2009..These observations have important clinical translation to infants subjected to repeated inflicted head trauma...
- Diffuse optical monitoring of hemodynamic changes in piglet brain with closed head injuryChao Zhou
University of Pennsylvania, Department of Physics, 209 South 33rd Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Biomed Opt 14:034015. 2009..In total, the investigation corraborates potential of the optical methods for bedside monitoring of pediatric and adult human patients in the neurointensive care unit...
- ABC/XYZ estimates intracerebral hemorrhage volume as a percent of total brain volume in childrenLauren A Beslow
Division of Neurology, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Stroke 41:691-4. 2010..We aimed to determine whether easily performed approximations of intracerebral hemorrhage and brain volume can accurately and reliably stratify intracerebral hemorrhage by size...
- Evaluation of intraventricular hemorrhage in pediatric intracerebral hemorrhageJonathan T Kleinman
Department of Neurology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
J Child Neurol 27:526-31. 2012..Although not an independent outcome predictor, future studies should assess intraventricular hemorrhage qualitatively and quantitatively...
- Concurrent validity and reliability of retrospective scoring of the Pediatric National Institutes of Health Stroke ScaleLauren A Beslow
Division of Neurology, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Colket Translational Research Building, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Stroke 43:341-5. 2012..The study objective was to assess the concurrent validity and reliability of estimating the PedNIHSS score retrospectively from medical records...
- Predictors of outcome in childhood intracerebral hemorrhage: a prospective consecutive cohort studyLauren A Beslow
Division of Neurology, 6th Floor, Wood Building, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Stroke 41:313-8. 2010..The purposes of this study were to describe features of children with intracerebral hemorrhage (ICH) and to determine predictors of short-term outcome in a single-center prospective cohort study...
- Retinal hemorrhage and brain injury patterns on diffusion-weighted magnetic resonance imaging in children with head traumaGil Binenbaum
Division of Ophthalmology, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Department of Ophthalmology, Perelman School of Medicine and the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Electronic address
J AAPOS 17:603-8. 2013..To evaluate associations between retinal hemorrhage severity and hypoxic-ischemic brain injury (HII) patterns by diffusion-weighted magnetic resonance imaging (DW-MRI) in young children with head trauma...
- Predictive validity of severity grading for cerebral steno-occlusive arteriopathy in recurrent childhood ischemic strokeSally M Sultan
Department of Neurology, Neurological Institute of New York, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, NY, USA
Int J Stroke 10:213-8. 2015..Cerebral arteriopathy is a risk factor for incident and recurrent childhood AIS. There are no standardized criteria to quantify arteriopathy severity...
- Neuropsychological status in children after repair of acyanotic congenital heart diseaseMichael D Quartermain
Divisions of Cardiology, Department of Anesthesia, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Pediatrics 126:e351-9. 2010..We sought to limit confounding variables and isolate potential independent effects of CPB by describing neuropsychological function in school-aged children after repair of acyanotic CHD...
- Diagnosis and treatment of vein of Galen aneurysmal malformationsGregory G Heuer
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Pennsylvania Medical Center, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Childs Nerv Syst 26:879-87. 2010..Vein of Galen aneurysmal malformations (VGAM) are rare but clinically significant intracranial arteriovenous shunt lesions that most often present in neonates and infants...
- Surrogate markers for neurological outcome in children after deep hypothermic circulatory arrestScott D Markowitz
Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Semin Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 11:59-65. 2007..This article summarizes the state of the art and an admission about how far we have yet to travel as we strive to make the neurodevelopmental outcomes of patients with CHD comparable to their healthy peers...
- Thrombotic events in critically ill children with myocarditisKimberly Y Lin
1Division of Cardiology, Department of Pediatrics, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Perelman School of Medicine at theUniversity Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States of America
Cardiol Young 24:840-7. 2014..We hypothesised that thrombotic events in critically ill children with myocarditis are common and that children with myocarditis are at higher risk for thrombotic events than children with non-inflammatory dilated cardiomyopathy...
- Emergence of the primary pediatric stroke center: impact of the thrombolysis in pediatric stroke trialTimothy J Bernard
From the Department of Neurology, Children s Hospital Colorado, Aurora T J B Departments of Neurology, Psychiatry and Radiology, Boston Children s Hospital, MA M J R Department of Neurology, Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario, Canada G d V, Department of Neurology, Alberta Children s Hospital Research Institute, University of Calgary, Calgary, AB, Canada A K Department of Pediatrics, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, and BloodCenter of Wisconsin J C G Department of Pediatrics, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada A K C Department of Pediatrics, Dell Children s Medical Center, Austin, TX C A H, Department of Neurology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia R N I Department of Neurology, Memorial Hermann Hospital, Houston, TX J C G Division of Pediatric Neurology, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN L C J Department of Neurology, Primary Children s Medical Center, Salt Lake City, UT S B Department of Neurology, Cleveland Clinic, OH N R F Department of Pediatrics and Neurology, UT Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas TX M M D Department of Neurology, Stanford University
Stroke 45:2018-23. 2014..We describe the development of primary pediatric stroke centers through preparation of participating centers in the Thrombolysis in Pediatric Stroke (TIPS) trial...
- Neurobehavioral functional deficits following closed head injury in the neonatal pigStuart H Friess
Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Exp Neurol 204:234-43. 2007....
- Short-term outcome prediction by electroencephalographic features in children treated with therapeutic hypothermia after cardiac arrestSudha Kilaru Kessler
Division of Neurology, Department of Pediatrics, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Neurocrit Care 14:37-43. 2011..We aimed to determine whether specific EEG features were predictive of short-term outcome in children treated with TH after CA, both during hypothermia and after return to normothermia...
- Arterial spin labeling perfusion MRI in pediatric arterial ischemic stroke: initial experiencesJuan Chen
Department of Radiology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
J Magn Reson Imaging 29:282-90. 2009..To investigate the feasibility and utility of arterial spin labeling (ASL) perfusion MRI for characterizing alterations of cerebral blood flow (CBF) in pediatric patients with arterial ischemic stroke (AIS)...
- Mimics of childhood stroke: characteristics of a prospective cohortRenée A Shellhaas
Division of Neurology, Wood 6th Floor, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Pediatrics 118:704-9. 2006..Little is known about the clinical features and spectrum of diagnoses in children with "stroke mimics," those with acute neurologic deficits but without cerebrovascular diseases...
- Practical model-based dose finding in early-phase clinical trials: optimizing tissue plasminogen activator dose for treatment of ischemic stroke in childrenHarry T Whelan
Division of Pediatric Neurology, Medical College of Wisconsin, 8701 Watertown Plank Rd, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Stroke 39:2627-36. 2008..This article describes a Bayesian outcome-adaptive method for determining the best dose of an experimental agent and explains how this method was used to design a dose-finding trial for tPA in childhood...
- Validation of the NIH Stroke Scale in ChildrenRebecca Ichord; Fiscal Year: 2008..These observations, and the availability of a simple valid clinical stroke scale for children, will be important for planning and conducting future clinical trials and outcome studies for childhood stroke. [unreadable] [unreadable]..