Affiliation: The Ohio State University
- Self-collected vaginal swabs for the detection of multiple sexually transmitted infections in adolescent girlsC M Holland-Hall
Section of Adolescent Medicine, University of Pittsburgh Medical School, Children s Hospital of Pittsburgh, PA, USA
J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol 15:307-13. 2002..To evaluate the use of self-collected vaginal swabs to test for Neisseria gonorrhoeae, Chlamydia trachomatis, and Trichomonas vaginalis, and to describe the acceptability of this technique to adolescents...
- Evaluation of the adolescent with chronic abdominal or pelvic painCynthia M Holland-Hall
Section of Adolescent Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, Children s Hospital, The Ohio State University College of Medicine and Public Health, 700 Children s Drive, Columbus, OH 43205, USA
J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol 17:23-7. 2004
- Sexually transmitted infections: screening, syndromes, and symptomsCynthia Holland-Hall
Department of Pediatrics, The Ohio State University College of Medicine and Public Health, Children s Hospital, 700 Children s Drive, Columbus, 43205, USA
Prim Care 33:433-54. 2006..Both screening of asymptomatic adolescents and a thoughtful, thorough approach to the evaluation of symptoms are critical measures in STI identification and control...
- Performance-enhancing substances: is your adolescent patient using?Cynthia Holland-Hall
The Ohio State University College of Medicine, Columbus, OH, USA
Pediatr Clin North Am 54:651-62, ix. 2007..Providers must present themselves as credible sources of information on the topic to communicate effectively with adolescent athletes...
- The "well girl" examLesley Breech
Ohio State University, Children s Hospital, Columbus, USA
J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol 18:289-91. 2005
- Sexually transmitted infections in adolescents: advances in epidemiology, screening, and diagnosisElise D Berlan
Section of Adolescent Medicine, Nationwide Children s Hospital, Columbus, OH 43205, USA
Adolesc Med State Art Rev 21:332-46, x. 2010..Recent developments in vaccination against human papillomavirus and new cytological screening recommendations are changing clinical approaches to STI prevention...
- Overview of sexually transmitted infections in adolescentsFareeda Haamid
Section of Adolescent Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, The Ohio State University College of Medicine, Nationwide Children s Hospital, Columbus, Ohio, USA
Adolesc Med State Art Rev 23:73-94. 2012..Recognition of common clinical syndromes can aid in timely diagnosis and treatment. Preventive measures, including vaccines, may significantly impact the disease burden in this vulnerable population...