Roy E Halling
Affiliation: The New York Botanical Garden
- Sutorius: a new genus for Boletus eximiusRoy E Halling
Institute of Systematic Botany, The New York Botanical Garden, Bronx, NY 10458 5126, USA
Mycologia 104:951-61. 2012..australiensis, represented by material from Queensland, Australia. Additional collections from Zambia and Thailand represent independent lineages, but sampling is insufficient to describe new species for these entities...
- New Porcini (Boletus sect. Boletus) from Australia and ThailandRoy E Halling
Institute of Systematic Botany, The New York Botanical Garden, Bronx, New York 10458
Mycologia 106:830-4. 2014..These new species represent ancient lineages inferred from prior molecular phylogenetic analyses. ..
- A new genus of Boletaceae from eastern North AmericaRoy E Halling
Institute of Systematic Botany, The New York Botanical Garden, Bronx, New York 10458, USA
Mycologia 99:310-6. 2007..Phylogenetic analyses of large subunit rDNA and BLAST searches using the ITS region confirm the placement of B. castanella as a unique generic lineage in the Boletaceae...
- Pacific boletes: implications for biogeographic relationshipsRoy E Halling
Institute of Systematic Botany, Lewis B and Dorothy Cullman Program for Molecular Systematics Studies, The New York Botanical Garden, Bronx, NY 10458 5126, USA
Mycol Res 112:437-47. 2008..Molecular divergence between samples in RPB1 argues against panmixis, and indicates that populations have been isolated for long periods...
- Morphological and molecular evidence supporting an arbutoid mycorrhizal relationship in the Costa Rican páramoTodd W Osmundson
Institute of Systematic Botany, The New York Botanical Garden, Bronx, NY 10458, USA
Mycorrhiza 17:217-22. 2007..monticola) and reports the use of an angiosperm-specific ITS primer pair useful for amplifying plant DNA from mycorrhizal roots without co-amplifying fungal DNA...
- Tylopilus orsonianus sp. nov. and Tylopilus eximius from GuyanaTara D Fulgenzi
Department of Biology, Humboldt State University, Arcata, California 95521 8299, USA
Mycologia 99:622-7. 2007..Both boletes occur in forests dominated by ectomycorrhizal trees in the genus Dicymbe (Caesalpiniaceae). A key to Tylopilus species distinguishes those known to occur in Guyana...
- New species of Boletellus from GuyanaTara D Fulgenzi
Department ofBiology, Humboldt State University, Arcata, California 95521, USA
Mycologia 100:490-5. 2008..Boletaceae, Boletales, Basidiomycota) are described as new to science. These boletes were collected from tropical forests dominated by ectomycorrhizal Dicymbe corymbosa (Caesalpiniaceae) in the Pakaraima Mountains of western Guyana...