Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: The Rockefeller University
- Rapid bacterial artificial chromosome modification for large-scale mouse transgenesisShiaoching Gong
The Rockefeller University, New York, New York, USA
Nat Protoc 5:1678-96. 2010..CNS anatomical expression maps of the mice are available to the public at http://www.gensat.org/...
- Application of a translational profiling approach for the comparative analysis of CNS cell typesJoseph P Doyle
Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, The Rockefeller University, New York, NY 10065, USA
Cell 135:749-62. 2008..This resource will enable a wide spectrum of molecular and mechanistic studies of both well-known and previously uncharacterized neural cell populations...
- Mouse transgenesis in a single locus with independent regulation for multiple fluorophoresJoseph D Dougherty
Laboratory of Molecular Biology, The Rockefeller University, New York, New York, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e40511. 2012..This generic solution should permit more sophisticated experimental manipulations to assess functional interactions amongst populations of cell types in vivo in a more rapid and efficient manner...
- A translational profiling approach for the molecular characterization of CNS cell typesMyriam Heiman
Laboratory of Molecular and Cellular Neuroscience, The Rockefeller University, New York, NY 10065, USA
Cell 135:738-48. 2008....
- Highly efficient modification of bacterial artificial chromosomes (BACs) using novel shuttle vectors containing the R6Kgamma origin of replicationShiaoching Gong
Laboratory of Molecular Biology, The Rockefeller University, New York, New York 10021, USA
Genome Res 12:1992-8. 2002..This new system has been used to modify a dozen BACs. It is well suited for efficient production of modified BACs for use in a variety of in vivo studies...
- Targeting Cre recombinase to specific neuron populations with bacterial artificial chromosome constructsShiaoching Gong
Gene Expression Nervous System Atlas Project, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, The Rockefeller University, New York, New York 10021, USA
J Neurosci 27:9817-23. 2007
- Production of green fluorescent protein transgenic embryonic stem cells using the GENSAT bacterial artificial chromosome libraryMark J Tomishima
Developmental Biology Program, Sloan Kettering Institute, New York, New York 10021, USA
Stem Cells 25:39-45. 2007..Our protocols provide a simple and efficient strategy to utilize the whole GENSAT BAC library to create hundreds of novel fluorescent cell lines for use in ES cell biology...
- A gene expression atlas of the central nervous system based on bacterial artificial chromosomesShiaoching Gong
GENSAT Project, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, The Rockefeller University, 1230 York Avenue, Box 260, New York 10021, USA
Nature 425:917-25. 2003..The atlas, library of BAC vectors and BAC transgenic mice generated in this screen provide a rich resource that allows a broad array of investigations not previously available to the neuroscience community...
- Cell type-specific regulation of DARPP-32 phosphorylation by psychostimulant and antipsychotic drugsHelen S Bateup
Laboratory of Molecular and Cellular Neuroscience, The Rockefeller University, 1230 York Ave, New York, New York 10065, USA
Nat Neurosci 11:932-9. 2008..Furthermore, we found that a variety of drugs that target the striatum have cell type-specific effects that previous methods were not able to discern...
- Modification of bacterial artificial chromosomes (BACs) and preparation of intact BAC DNA for generation of transgenic miceShiaoching Gong
Rockefeller University, New York, New York, USA
Curr Protoc Neurosci . 2005..Since BAC DNA is prone to degradation, which may introduce positional effects in transgenic mice, two methods are given for purification of intact BAC DNA for subsequent microinjection...