Affiliation: The University of Texas
- Endoscopic treatment of large sessile and flat colorectal lesionsNorio Fukami
Department of Gastrointestinal Medicine and Nutrition, MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77002 4009, USA
Curr Opin Gastroenterol 22:54-9. 2006..With the increased number of colonoscopies performed, many polyps of different sizes and morphology are encountered today. We will reassess endoscopic treatments on large sessile and flat lesions in the colorectum...
- Combined modality therapy of localized gastric and esophageal cancersPrajnan Das
Department of Radiation Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Natl Compr Canc Netw 4:375-82. 2006..This article reviews the role of staging, surgery, and adjuvant and preoperative therapies in the management of localized gastric and esophageal cancers...
- Decreased expression of gene cluster at chromosome 1q21 defines molecular subgroups of chemoradiotherapy response in esophageal cancersMadan G Luthra
Department of Pathology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77054, USA
Clin Cancer Res 13:912-9. 2007..In the current study, we did an in-depth investigation of the expression of 1q21-1q25 region genes to uncover the role of the EDC and its flanking genes in CTXRT response...
- Lymphovascular invasion as a tool to further subclassify T1b esophageal adenocarcinomaPutao Cen
Department of Gastrointestinal Medical Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Cancer 112:1020-7. 2008..The authors hypothesized that LVI status would subclassify T1b cancers and facilitate new therapeutic strategies...
- Preoperative chemo-radiation-induced ulceration in patients with esophageal cancer: a confounding factor in tumor response assessment in integrated computed tomographic-positron emission tomographic imagingJeremy J Erasmus
Department of Diagnostic Imaging, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Thorac Oncol 1:478-86. 2006..We evaluated the use of integrated computed tomography (CT)-PET among patients with esophageal cancer being considered for resection after CRT...
- Detection of interval distant metastases: clinical utility of integrated CT-PET imaging in patients with esophageal carcinoma after neoadjuvant therapyJohn F Bruzzi
Division of Diagnostic Imaging, M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030 4009, USA
Cancer 109:125-34. 2007....
- Comparison of clinical stage, therapy response, and patient outcome between squamous cell carcinoma and adenocarcinoma of the esophagusPooja R Rohatgi
Department of Gastrointestinal Medical Oncology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, 77030, USA
Int J Gastrointest Cancer 36:69-76. 2005..To analyze the differences in clinical stage, pathologic response to chemoradiotherapy, patterns of failure, and overall survival (OS) between patients with squamous cell carcinoma (SCC) and adenocarcinoma (ACA) of the esophagus...
- The accuracy of endoscopic ultrasound for restaging esophageal carcinoma after chemoradiation therapyIshaan Kalha
Department of Gastrointestinal Medicine Nutrition, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston 77082, USA
Cancer 101:940-7. 2004..In this study, the authors examined their experience with esophageal carcinoma and restaging after neoadjuvant therapy with EUS...
- Hand-assisted laparoscopic total gastrectomy for early gastric cancerShinsuke Usui
Department of Surgery, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Tokyo, Japan
Surg Laparosc Endosc Percutan Tech 13:304-7. 2003..We successfully performed this procedure in 5 patients. The mean operating time and blood loss were 275 minutes and 177.5 mL, respectively. Hand-assisted laparoscopic total gastrectomy is suitable and feasible for early gastric cancer...
- Interobserver and intra-observer consistency in the endoscopic assessment of colonic pit patternsQiyang Huang
Showa University Northern Yokohama Hospital, Japan
Gastrointest Endosc 60:520-6. 2004..This study evaluated intra- and interobserver agreement of experienced endoscopists in the assessment of colonic pit patterns when using the Kudo classification...
- Endoscopic mucosal resection for esophageal and gastric cancersHaruhiro Inoue
Digestive Disease Center, Northern Yokohama Hospital, Showa University, Chuo 35 1, Chigasaki, Tzusuki ku, Yokohama 224 8503, Japan
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 17:382-8. 2002..In general, mucosal cancers of the gastrointestinal tract have no risk of lymph node metastases and can be curatively managed by refined endoscopic mucosal resection procedures...
- Narrow-band imaging system with magnifying endoscopy for superficial esophageal lesionsTatsuya Yoshida
Digestive Disease Center, Showa University Northern Yokohama Hospital, Yokohama, Japan
Gastrointest Endosc 59:288-95. 2004..A newly developed narrow-band imaging system was applied to magnifying endoscopy in a clinical setting; the benefit of the narrow-band imaging system was evaluated...
- Circumferential EMR of carcinoma arising in Barrett's esophagus: case reportHitoshi Satodate
Digestive Disease Center, Department of Pathology, Showa University Northern Yokohama Hospital, Yokohama, Japan
Gastrointest Endosc 58:288-92. 2003
- Direct cholangioscopy with narrow-band imaging, chromoendoscopy, and argon plasma coagulation of intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasm of the bile duct (with videos)Brian C Brauer
Department of Medicine, University of Colorado, Denver, Colorado, USA
Gastrointest Endosc 67:574-6. 2008