Affiliation: The Connecticut Agricultural Experiment Station
- Assertive outreach: an effective strategy for engaging homeless persons with substance use disorders into treatmentDeborah Fisk
Connecticut Mental Health Center, and Department of Psychiatry, Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut 06508, USA
Am J Drug Alcohol Abuse 32:479-86. 2006..This study provides evidence that assertive outreach is effective in engaging and linking homeless persons with substance use disorders to substance abuse treatment services...
- Sober housing and motivational interviewing: the Treatment Access ProjectDeborah Fisk
Department of Psychiatry, LCSW, Connecticut Mental Health Center, Yale School of Medicine, 235 Nicoll Street, New Haven, CT 06511, USA
J Prim Prev 28:281-93. 2007..Integration with natural community supports can help to build self-efficacy, which can enhance the likelihood that this population will obtain and maintain abstinence, gainful employment, and permanent housing...
- Violent victimization of persons with co-occurring psychiatric and substance use disordersDavid J Sells
Department of Psychiatry, Program for Recovery and Community Health, Yale University School of Medicine, Suite 306, New Haven, CT 06511, USA
Psychiatr Serv 54:1253-7. 2003..This study examined the frequency with which persons in the community with psychiatric disorders, substance use disorders, and both types of disorders are victims of violence...
- Engaging persons with substance use disorders: lessons from homeless outreachMichael Rowe
Department of Psychiatry, Yale School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut, USA
Adm Policy Ment Health 29:263-73. 2002
- Employing people with psychiatric disabilities to engage homeless individuals through supported socialization: the Buddies ProjectDeborah Fisk
Community Based Clinical Services, Connecticut Mental Health Center, New Haven 06511, USA Deborah Fisk po state ct us
Psychiatr Rehabil J 26:191-6. 2002....