Craig P Fischer
Affiliation: The Methodist Hospital
- Timing of referral impacts surgical outcomes in patients undergoing repair of bile duct injuriesCraig P Fischer
Department of Surgery, Weill Cornell Medical College, The Methodist Hospital Department of Surgery, Houston, TX 77030, USA
HPB (Oxford) 11:32-7. 2009..Additionally, we examined the impact of delayed referral to our centre on short- and long-term outcomes after surgical repair of BDI...
- A randomized trial of aprotinin-free fibrin sealant versus absorbable hemostatCraig P Fischer
Department of Surgery, The Methodist Hospital and Weill Medical College of Cornell University, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Clin Appl Thromb Hemost 17:572-7. 2011..This study evaluated the safety and hemostatic effectiveness of a tranexamic acid- and aprotinin-free fibrin sealant versus an absorbable hemostat in soft tissue during elective retroperitoneal or intra-abdominal surgery...
- A prospective, randomized, controlled trial of the efficacy and safety of fibrin pad as an adjunct to control soft tissue bleeding during abdominal, retroperitoneal, pelvic, and thoracic surgeryCraig P Fischer
The Methodist Hospital and Weill Medical College of Cornell University, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Am Coll Surg 217:385-93. 2013..vs absorbable hemostat in patients undergoing nonemergent surgery. Fibrin Pad is a topical absorbable hemostat designed to be effective in a variety of soft tissues and across multiple bleeding intensities...
- Predicting poor outcome following hepatectomy: analysis of 2313 hepatectomies in the NSQIP databaseThomas A Aloia
Department of Surgery, Weill Cornell Medical College, The Methodist Hospital, Houston, TX 77030, USA
HPB (Oxford) 11:510-5. 2009..The purpose of this study was to determine the current status of hepatic resection in the USA by analysing the multi-institutional experience within the National Surgical Quality Improvement Program (NSQIP) dataset...
- Chemotherapy within 30 days prior to liver resection does not increase postoperative morbidity or mortalityBridget N Fahy
Department of Surgery, The Methodist Hospital Houston, TX, USA
HPB (Oxford) 11:645-55. 2009..The current study examines postoperative morbidity and mortality following LR in patients who received chemotherapy within 30 days prior to LR...
- Synchronous resection of colorectal primary and hepatic metastasisBridget N Fahy
Weill Cornell Medical College, The Methodist Hospital, Houston, Texas, USA
J Gastrointest Oncol 3:48-58. 2012..The potential benefits of a minimally invasive approach will await the results of larger studies...