Affiliation: The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
- PANDAS with catatonia: a case report. Therapeutic response to lorazepam and plasmapheresisJosephine Elia
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 44:1145-50. 2005..Hyperactivity, impulsivity, and inattention improved with lorazepam, suggesting that the attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder symptoms could be manifestations of catatonia...
- ADHD characteristics: I. Concurrent co-morbidity patterns in children & adolescentsJosephine Elia
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Child Adolesc Psychiatry Ment Health 2:15. 2008..Concurrent comorbidity was assessed to characterize the clinical profile of this cohort...
- Methylphenidate transdermal system: clinical applications for attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorderJosephine Elia
The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Science Center 3440 Market Street, Suite 200, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Expert Rev Clin Pharmacol 4:311-28. 2011..In this article, we review the current data on MTS, including preclinical, clinical and post-marketing studies, and compare efficacy and tolerability to currently available treatments...
- Epigenetics: genetics versus life experiencesJosephine Elia
The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Science Center, 3440 Market St, Philadelphia, PA, 19104, USA
Curr Top Behav Neurosci 9:317-40. 2012....
- ADHD latent class clusters: DSM-IV subtypes and comorbidityJosephine Elia
The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Psychiatry Res 170:192-8. 2009..DSM-IV comorbid mood and anxiety disorders also do not appear to increase cluster heterogeneity; however, longitudinal studies that cover period of risk are needed to support this finding...
- Nocturnal enuresis: a suggestive endophenotype marker for a subgroup of inattentive attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorderJosephine Elia
Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA 19104 6209, USA
J Pediatr 155:239-44.e5. 2009..Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and enuresis co-occur at a higher rate than expected; the cause for this is unclear...
- Candidate gene analysis in an on-going genome-wide association study of attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder: suggestive association signals in ADRA1AJosephine Elia
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Pulmonary Medicine, Center for Applied Genomics, The University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Psychiatr Genet 19:134-41. 2009....
- Cardiovascular effects of medications for the treatment of attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder: what is known and how should it influence prescribing in children?Josephine Elia
The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Science Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Paediatr Drugs 12:165-75. 2010....
- ADHD genetics: 2007 updateJosephine Elia
The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Science Center, 3440 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104 6209, USA
Curr Psychiatry Rep 9:434-9. 2007..Samples that include limited age ranges may have better success at uncovering genes whose expression is limited to specific developmental stages...
- Analysis of GWAS top hits in ADHD suggests association to two polymorphisms located in genes expressed in the cerebellumFrancesca Lantieri
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Science Center, 3440 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 153:1127-33. 2010....
- What can ADHD without comorbidity teach us about comorbidity?Toshinobu Takeda
Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA, United States
Res Dev Disabil 33:419-25. 2012..Older age ranges, ADHD symptom severity and parental psychopathology may be risk factors for comorbidity...
- Parental ADHD status and its association with proband ADHD subtype and severityToshinobu Takeda
Ryukoku University, Kyoto, Japan Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA, USA
J Pediatr 157:995-1000.e1. 2010..To better understand the familial transmission of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), a highly heritable disorder, the effects of paternal and maternal ADHD status on probands' ADHD symptoms and subtypes were investigated...
- Depressive symptoms and SSRI use in pediatric oncology patientsLeslie S Kersun
Division of Oncology, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Pediatr Blood Cancer 49:881-7. 2007..Ongoing research includes incorporation of routine screening measures for depression and future studies might focus on physician recognition and prospectively evaluating treatment for children with cancer and depressive symptoms...
- Exome sequencing and unrelated findings in the context of complex disease research: ethical and clinical implicationsGholson J Lyon
Department of Psychiatry, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, USA
Discov Med 12:41-55. 2011....
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder characteristics: II. Clinical correlates of irritable moodPaul J Ambrosini
Division of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Drexel University College of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19124, USA
J Affect Disord 145:70-6. 2013..This study describes the relationship of irritable mood (IRR) with affective disorders in youths with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)...
- Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder genomics: update for cliniciansJosephine Elia
Department Psychiatry, The University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104 6209, USA
Curr Psychiatry Rep 14:579-89. 2012..These advances also highlight ethical and legal issues requiring management and interpretation of genetic data and ensuring privacy and protection from misuse...
- Genome-wide copy number variation study associates metabotropic glutamate receptor gene networks with attention deficit hyperactivity disorderJosephine Elia
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Nat Genet 44:78-84. 2011..38 × 10(-10)) after correction for occurrence in the controls. We identified rare recurrent CNVs affecting glutamatergic neurotransmission genes that were overrepresented in multiple ADHD cohorts...
- A family-school intervention for children with ADHD: results of a randomized clinical trialThomas J Power
Department of Pediatrics, Perelman School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, and The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Consult Clin Psychol 80:611-23. 2012..Key components of FSS were conjoint behavioral consultation, daily report cards, and behavioral homework interventions...
- Pediatric cardiovascular safety: challenges in drug and device development and clinical applicationKatherine E Bates
Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Division of Cardiology, 3401 Civic Center Blvd, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Am Heart J 164:481-92. 2012..The discussions in this article summarize areas of emerging consensus and other areas in which consensus remains elusive and provide suggestions for additional research to further our knowledge and understanding of this topic...
- High-resolution mapping and analysis of copy number variations in the human genome: a data resource for clinical and research applicationsTamim H Shaikh
Division of Genetics, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Genome Res 19:1682-90. 2009..Together, this analysis and annotation provides a useful resource to assist with the assessment of CNVs in the contexts of human variation, disease susceptibility, and clinical molecular diagnostics...
- Treatment of acute neuropsychiatric lupus with intravenous immunoglobulin (IVIG): a case report and review of the literatureAaron M Milstone
Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, CHOP North Room 1479, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Clin Rheumatol 24:394-7. 2005..We propose that when more toxic therapies are refused or symptoms do not remit with other treatments, IVIG should be considered in patients with neuropsychiatric lupus...
- Cardiovascular monitoring of children and adolescents with heart disease receiving medications for attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder [corrected]: a scientific statement from the American Heart Association Council on Cardiovascular Disease in the YoVictoria L Vetter
Circulation 117:2407-23. 2008
- Lisdexamfetamine dimesylateJosephine Elia
Nat Rev Drug Discov 6:343-4. 2007
- A double-blind, placebo-controlled trial of dexmethylphenidate hydrochloride and d,l-threo-methylphenidate hydrochloride in children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorderSharon Wigal
Irvine Child Development Center, University of California, Irvine, CA 92612, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 43:1406-14. 2004....
- GENETICS OF ADHDJosephine Elia; Fiscal Year: 2007DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): This proposal seeks to provide supervised training to enable Josephine Elia, MD, to develop into an independent physician scientist...