Janet M Carter
Affiliation: The Procter and Gamble Company
- The role of inflammation, oxidative stress, and proliferation in silica-induced lung disease: a species comparisonJ M Carter
Procter and Gamble Company, Cincinnati, OH 45251, USA
J Environ Pathol Toxicol Oncol 20:33-43. 2001..A basic understanding of the different responses of various species to these inhaled toxins will contribute to our understanding of the mechanisms involved in human disease...
- A comparative dose-related response of several key pro- and antiinflammatory mediators in the lungs of rats, mice, and hamsters after subchronic inhalation of carbon blackJanet M Carter
Procter and Gamble Company, Cincinnati, Ohio 45217, USA
J Occup Environ Med 48:1265-78. 2006..The objective of this study was to investigate mechanisms underlying species specificity in particle-induced lung inflammation...
- Cloning, expression, and functional characterization of rat MIP-2: a neutrophil chemoattractant and epithelial cell mitogenK E Driscoll
Procter and Gamble Company, Miami Valley Laboratories, Cincinnati, Ohio 45253 8707, USA
J Leukoc Biol 58:359-64. 1995..In addition, the recombinant rat MIP-2 and the related rat chemokine, KC/CINC stimulated proliferation of rat alveolar epithelial cells but not fibroblasts in vitro...
- Cytokines and particle-induced inflammatory cell recruitmentK E Driscoll
Procter and Gamble Company, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Environ Health Perspect 105:1159-64. 1997..The contribution of oxidative stress to particle-induced cytokine gene expression appears to be mediated, at least in part, through activation of the transcription factor nuclear factor kappa B...
- Crocidolite activates NF-kappa B and MIP-2 gene expression in rat alveolar epithelial cells. Role of mitochondrial-derived oxidantsK E Driscoll
Procter and Gamble Pharmaceuticals, Health Care Research Center, Cincinnati, OH 45040 8006, USA
Environ Health Perspect 106:1171-4. 1998....
- Antioxidant defense mechanisms and the toxicity of fibrous and nonfibrous particlesKevin E Driscoll
Pharmaceuticals Division, Procter and Gamble Company, Health Care Research Center, 8700 Mason Montgomery Road, Mason, OH 45040, USA
Inhal Toxicol 14:101-18. 2002