Kristine K Browning
Affiliation: The Ohio State University
- Adherence to Tobacco Dependence Treatment Among HIV-Infected SmokersKristine K Browning
College of Nursing, The Ohio State University and The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, 370 Newton Hall, 1585 Neil Avenue, Columbus, OH, 34210, USA
AIDS Behav 20:608-21. 2016..High participant responsiveness was associated with adherence to pharmacotherapy, counseling, and abstinence. Development and testing of interventions to improve adherence to evidence-based tobacco dependence treatment is warranted...
- Tobacco use and cessation in HIV-infected individualsKristine K Browning
The Ohio State University College of Nursing and Comprehensive Cancer Center James Cancer Hospital, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Clin Chest Med 34:181-90. 2013..Addressing these research gaps will help to reduce the tobacco-related disease burden of HIV-infected individuals in the future...
- A psychometric analysis of quality of life tools in lung cancer patients who smokeKristine K Browning
The Ohio State University College of Public Health, Columbus, OH 43210, United States
Lung Cancer 66:134-9. 2009..Given the conceptual difference between the two instruments, it is important to carefully consider the research aims when selecting the appropriate QOL measurement instrument...
- The Self-regulation Model of Illness applied to smoking behavior in lung cancerKristine K Browning
The Ohio State University College of Public Health, Ohio, USA
Cancer Nurs 32:E15-25. 2009..007 and P = .047, respectively). Understanding the context in which a patient perceives disease and smoking behavior may contribute to developing interventions that influence behavior change...
- Safety of varenicline among smokers enrolled in the lung HIV studyAmy K Ferketich
College of Public Health, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Nicotine Tob Res 15:247-54. 2013..This paper reports the safety of varenicline versus nicotine replacement therapy (NRT) and describes preliminary results about the effectiveness of varenicline versus NRT in HIV-infected smokers...
- Socioeconomic disparity in provider-delivered assistance to quit smokingKristine K Browning
The Ohio State University College of Nursing, OH, USA
Nicotine Tob Res 10:55-61. 2008..The mechanisms responsible for the disparities in delivery of tobacco dependence treatment must be investigated further...
- A pilot test of a combined tobacco dependence treatment and lung cancer screening programAmy K Ferketich
The Ohio State University College of Public Health, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Lung Cancer 76:211-5. 2012..These preliminary results suggest that it might be better to deliver treatment before the screening test. Future randomized trials with a larger sample size are needed to confirm these findings...
- Smoking cessation and cancerKristine K Browning
Ohio State University College of Nursing, 1585 Neil Ave, Room 378, Columbus, OH 43210 1289, USA
Semin Oncol Nurs 19:268-75. 2003..To provide an overview of scientifically based smoking cessation interventions for delivery to all tobacco-dependent users...
- Nursing research in tobacco use and special populationsKristine K Browning
The Ohio State University College of Public Health, USA
Annu Rev Nurs Res 27:319-42. 2009..Nurse researchers are well positioned to combine their clinical expertise and knowledge of patient psychosocial needs with investigation of patient-focused research questions in each of these special populations...