Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: The Ohio State University
- Mechanisms employed by retroviruses to exploit host factors for translational control of a complicated proteomeCheryl Bolinger
Center for Retrovirus Research, Department of Veterinary Biosciences, Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology Graduate Program, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, USA
Retrovirology 6:8. 2009..In a broad perspective, each new insight offers a prospective target for antiviral therapy and strategic improvement of gene transfer vectors...
- RNA helicase A modulates translation of HIV-1 and infectivity of progeny virionsCheryl Bolinger
Department of Veterinary Biosciences, Center for Retrovirus Research and Center for RNA Biology, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210 1093, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 38:1686-96. 2010....
- RNA helicase A interacts with divergent lymphotropic retroviruses and promotes translation of human T-cell leukemia virus type 1Cheryl Bolinger
Center for Retrovirus Research, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210 1093, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 35:2629-42. 2007..We speculate divergent retroviruses have evolved a convergent RNA-protein interaction to modulate translation of their highly structured mRNA...
- Retrovirus translation initiation: Issues and hypotheses derived from study of HIV-1Alper Yilmaz
Center for Retrovirus Research, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Curr HIV Res 4:131-9. 2006..We discuss key issues that remain to be understood and suggest parameters to validate internal initiation activity in HIV-1 and other retroviruses...
- RNA helicase A is necessary for translation of selected messenger RNAsTiffiney Roberts Hartman
Center for Retrovirus Research and Department of Veterinary Biosciences, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43210 USA
Nat Struct Mol Biol 13:509-16. 2006..Our results reveal a previously unidentified role for RHA in translation and implicate RHA as an integrative effector in the continuum of gene expression from transcription to translation...