Affiliation: The College of St. Scholastica
- No man's land: gender bias and social constructivism in the diagnosis of borderline personality disorderPamela Bjorklund
University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55811 4199, USA
Issues Ment Health Nurs 27:3-23. 2006..Nurses must understand the phenomenon at this level of complexity to provide appropriate care...
- Taking responsibility: toward an understanding of morality in practice: a critical review of the empirical and selected philosophical literature on the social organization of responsibilityPamela Bjorklund
University of Minnesota and the Department of Nursing, The College of St Scholastica, 1200 Kenwood Ave, Duluth, Minn 55811, USA
ANS Adv Nurs Sci 29:E56-73. 2006..It seeks to illuminate the concept of "taking responsibility" qua moral responsibility and asks what makes this notion of responsibility particularly "moral."..
- The certified psychiatric nurse practitioner: advanced practice psychiatric nursing reclaimedPamela Bjorklund
College of St Scholastica, Duluth, MN 55811 4199, USA
Arch Psychiatr Nurs 17:77-87. 2003..identify some of the controversies that linger with the debut of the PMHNP certification examination(s)...
- Invisibility, moral knowledge and nursing work in the writings of Joan Liaschenko and Patricia RodneyPamela Bjorklund
College of St Scholastica, 1200 Kenwood Avenue, Duluth, MN 55811 4199, USA
Nurs Ethics 11:110-21. 2004....
- "There but for the grace of God": moral responsibility and mental illnessPamela Bjorklund
The College of St Scholastica, 1200 Kenwood Avenue, Duluth, MN 55811 4199, USA
Nurs Philos 5:188-200. 2004....
- Can there be a 'cosmetic' psychopharmacology? Prozac unplugged: the search for an ontologically distinct cosmetic psychopharmacologyPamela Bjorklund
Department of Nursing, The College of St Scholastica, Duluth, MN 55811 4199, USA
Nurs Philos 6:131-43. 2005....
- Improving cardiovascular disease screening in community mental health centersMelissa Maki
Human Development Center, Duluth, Minnesota, USA
Perspect Psychiatr Care 49:179-86. 2013..This applied research project examined a process of CVD screening at a community mental health center, then implemented and evaluated an improved process of identifying and managing CVD risk factors...
- Demystifying federal nursing home regulations to improve the effectiveness of psychopharmacological careKaren Schendel Anderson
Geriatrics, Health Partners, Minneapolis, MN, USA
Perspect Psychiatr Care 46:152-62. 2010....
- Decreasing the costs of constant observationDanielle LaPage Rausch
Abbott Northwestern Hospital, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
J Nurs Adm 40:75-81. 2010..The project succeeded in cutting the costs of CO in half. It showed that PLNs can safely facilitate large reductions in CO without associated increases in falls or restraint prevalence, yielding significant cost savings for hospitals...
- Respond to We Need to Talk feature in the October-December 2005 issuePamela Bjorklund
Perspect Psychiatr Care 42:158-9; author reply 159-60. 2006