Genomes and Genes
Krishna P Bhat
Affiliation: The University of Texas
- Selective repression of YKL-40 by NF-kappaB in glioma cell lines involves recruitment of histone deacetylase-1 and -2Krishna P Bhat
Brain Tumor Center, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, Houston, TX 77030, USA
FEBS Lett 582:3193-200. 2008..This study presents a paradigm for NF-kappaB regulation of one of its targets in a strict cell type specific manner...
- Mesenchymal differentiation mediated by NF-κB promotes radiation resistance in glioblastomaKrishna P L Bhat
Department of Pathology, The University of Texas, M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA Electronic address
Cancer Cell 24:331-46. 2013..We further show that the MES signature, CD44 expression, and NF-κB activation correlate with poor radiation response and shorter survival in patients with GBM. ..
- The transcriptional coactivator TAZ regulates mesenchymal differentiation in malignant gliomaKrishna P L Bhat
Department of Pathology, The University of Texas, M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Genes Dev 25:2594-609. 2011..Our studies uncover a direct role for TAZ and TEAD in driving the MES differentiation of malignant glioma...
- Inhibition of LSD1 sensitizes glioblastoma cells to histone deacetylase inhibitorsMelissa M Singh
Department of Pediatrics Research, The Center for Cancer Epigenetics, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Neuro Oncol 13:894-903. 2011....
- PTEN down regulates AP-1 and targets c-fos in human glioma cells via PI3-kinase/Akt pathwayDimpy Koul
Department of Neuro Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Mol Cell Biochem 300:77-87. 2007....
- Aberrant mesenchymal differentiation of glioma stem-like cells: implications for therapeutic targetingVeerakumar Balasubramaniyan
Department of Neuro Oncology, University of Texas, MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas, USA
Oncotarget 6:31007-17. 2015..Our data indicate that exposure to serum containing media result in aberrant differentiation (e.g. toward MES lineage) and activation of alternative oncogenic pathways in GSCs. ..
- Signal transducer and activator of transcription 3 promotes angiogenesis and drives malignant progression in gliomaTiffany A Doucette
Department of Neurosurgery, The Brain Tumor Center, Houston, TX, USA
Neuro Oncol 14:1136-45. 2012..These results demonstrate that STAT3 promotes the malignant progression of glioma. Inhibiting STAT3 expression mitigates tumor progression and improves survival, validating it as a therapeutic target...
- Caspase-3 cleavage links delta-catenin to the novel nuclear protein ZIFCATDongmin Gu
Program in Genes and Development, University of Texas Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Biol Chem 286:23178-88. 2011..Our findings potentially reveal a simple yet novel signaling pathway based upon caspase-3 cleavage of p120-catenin subfamily members, facilitating the coordinate modulation of cadherins, small GTPases, and nuclear functions...
- Essential role of ribosomal protein L11 in mediating growth inhibition-induced p53 activationKrishna P Bhat
Department of Molecular and Cellular Oncology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030 4009, USA
EMBO J 23:2402-12. 2004..Growth inhibition, presumably through suppression of rRNA production in the nucleolus, facilitates translocation of L11 to the nucleoplasm, thus activating p53 through inhibiting HDM2...
- Tumor suppressor ARF degrades B23, a nucleolar protein involved in ribosome biogenesis and cell proliferationKoji Itahana
Department of Molecular and Cellular Oncology, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Mol Cell 12:1151-64. 2003..Together, our results reveal a molecular mechanism of ARF in regulating ribosome biogenesis and cell proliferation via inhibiting B23, and suggest a nucleolar role of ARF in surveillance of oncogenic insults...
- Targeted inactivation of Mdm2 RING finger E3 ubiquitin ligase activity in the mouse reveals mechanistic insights into p53 regulationKoji Itahana
Department of Radiation Oncology, School of Medicine, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7512, USA
Cancer Cell 12:355-66. 2007....