T S Armstrong
Affiliation: The University of Texas
- Glial tumors--new approaches in chemotherapyTerri S Armstrong
M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
J Neurosci Nurs 34:326-30. 2002..Agents designed to target specific processes and structures involved in tumor cell division and innovative combinations of cytotoxic and cytostatic therapies offer future hope for the efficacious treatment of gliomas...
- Net clinical benefit: functional endpoints in brain tumor clinical trialsTerri S Armstrong
Department of Neuro Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, Box 431, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Curr Oncol Rep 9:60-5. 2007..This paper reviews these three approaches and discusses their potential use in evaluation of therapies for patients with primary brain tumors...
- Complementary and alternative medicine use and quality of life in patients with primary brain tumorsTerri Armstrong
Department of Neuro Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas, USA
J Pain Symptom Manage 32:148-54. 2006..This may be especially relevant in those patients with higher functional status participating in clinical trials...
- Validation of the M.D. Anderson Symptom Inventory Brain Tumor Module (MDASI-BT)T S Armstrong
The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, School of Nursing, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Neurooncol 80:27-35. 2006..Primary brain tumor (PBT) patients are unique in the occurrence of neurologic symptoms. Currently, no instrument exists that measures both neurologic and cancer-related symptoms...
- Content validity of self-report measurement instruments: an illustration from the development of the Brain Tumor Module of the M.D. Anderson Symptom InventoryTerri S Armstrong
University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, USA
Oncol Nurs Forum 32:669-76. 2005..To illustrate one technique for establishing content validity of measurements using the initial development and testing of the M.D. Anderson Symptom Inventory Brain Tumor Module...
- Chemotherapy-induced peripheral neuropathyTerri Armstrong
Department of Neuro Oncology, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, USA
Oncol Nurs Forum 32:305-11. 2005..To review the literature documenting the scope, treatment, and prevention of chemotherapy-induced neuropathy...
- Imaging techniques in neuro-oncologyTerri S Armstrong
University of Texas, M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston 77030, USA
Semin Oncol Nurs 20:231-9. 2004..To review neuroimaging techniques used in the diagnosis and follow-up of patients with brain tumors as well as promising new technology...
- Symptom clusters in oncology patients and implications for symptom research in people with primary brain tumorsTerri S Armstrong
University of Texas Health Science Center at Huston, TX, USA
J Nurs Scholarsh 36:197-206. 2004..To provide a critical analysis of the state of the science of research on symptom clusters in the general oncology population, compared to symptom research in the primary brain tumor population...
- Symptoms experience: a concept analysisTerri S Armstrong
School of Nursing, University of Texas, Houston, USA
Oncol Nurs Forum 30:601-6. 2003..To provide a clearly constructed definition of the concept of symptoms experience...
- Seize the moment to learn about epilepsy in people with cancerTerri S Armstrong
Clin J Oncol Nurs 7:163-9. 2003..Oncology nurses must be aware of the potential seriousness of this complication and implement appropriate strategies to assist patients in maintaining safety and quality of life...
- Mood disturbance in glioma patientsA A Acquaye
Department of Neuro Oncology, MDACC, 1515 Holcombe Blvd, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Neurooncol 113:505-12. 2013..The use of concomitant medications, demographic factors, recurrence and income are associated with mood disturbance and interventions may need to be tailored to these underlying factors...
- RTOG 0525: A randomized phase III trial comparing standard adjuvant temozolomide (TMZ) with a dose-dense (dd) schedule in newly diagnosed glioblastoma (GBM)M R Gilbert
M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX Radiation Therapy Oncology Group, Philadelphia, PA University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX University of Lausanne Hospitals CHUV, Lausanne, Switzerland Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, FL University of Texas Health Science Center School of Nursing, Houston, TX RTOG, Philadelphia, PA Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center, Tel Aviv, Israel Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI University of Edinbugh, Edinburgh, United Kingdom Arthur G James Cancer Hospital, The Ohio State University Medical Center, Columbus, OH Radiation Therapy Oncology Group and Emory University, Atlanta, GA Northwestern University, Chicago, IL
J Clin Oncol 29:2006. 2011..Compared with the standard adjuvant TMZ, dd TMZ results in prolonged depletion of MGMT in blood mononuclear cells and possibly in tumor. This trial determined if intensified TMZ improves survival (OS) or progression free survival (PFS)...
- Pharmacoepidemiology of myelotoxicity (TOX) with temozolomide (TMZ) in malignant glioma patientsT S Armstrong
University of Texas Health Science Center, Son, Houston, TX University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX Texas Children s Hospital, Houston, TX
J Clin Oncol 26:9548. 2008..The ability to predict individual patient risk of TOX may allow for more individualized dosing and management...
- Increased intracranial pressureEva Lu T Lee
Department of Neuro Oncology, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, USA
Clin J Oncol Nurs 12:37-41. 2008
- Use of complementary and alternative medical therapy by patients with primary brain tumorsTerri S Armstrong
Department of Integrative Nursing Care, University of Texas Health Science Center School of Nursing, 6901 Bertner Avenue, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Curr Neurol Neurosci Rep 8:264-8. 2008..Further studies are needed to evaluate the impact of CAM on symptom control or tumor growth in this vulnerable patient population...
- The treatment of neoplastic meningitisTerri S Armstrong
The University of Texas, Department of Neuro Oncology, MD Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Blvd, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Expert Opin Pharmacother 5:1929-35. 2004..Therefore, careful evaluation and treatment planning is warranted in order to avoid treatment-associated toxicities and to maximise the impact of the treatment on the disease process...
- Intracranial tumorsTerri S Armstrong
University of Texas, M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, USA
Semin Oncol Nurs 20:221-3. 2004