Genomes and Genes
Carlos E Alvarez
Affiliation: The Ohio State University
- Copy number variation in the domestic dogCarlos E Alvarez
The Center for Human and Molecular Genetics, The Research Institute at Nationwide Children s Hospital, 700 Children s Drive, W491, Columbus, OH 43205, USA
Mamm Genome 23:144-63. 2012....
- Dog models of naturally occurring cancerJENNIE L ROWELL
The Ohio State University College of Nursing, 1585 Neil Avenue, Columbus, OH 34210, USA
Trends Mol Med 17:380-8. 2011..Here, we review the nascent convergence of genetic and translational canine models of spontaneous disease, focusing on cancer...
- Mammalian α arrestins link activated seven transmembrane receptors to Nedd4 family e3 ubiquitin ligases and interact with β arrestinsFortune F Shea
Center for Molecular and Human Genetics, The Research Institute at Nationwide Children s Hospital, Columbus, Ohio, USA
PLoS ONE 7:e50557. 2012..We discuss the implications of the alpha arrestin functions in fungi having evolved into coordinated alpha/beta arrestin functions in animals...
- Mapping DNA structural variation in dogsWei Kang Chen
Center for Molecular and Human Genetics, The Research Institute at Nationwide Children s Hospital, Columbus, Ohio 43205, USA
Genome Res 19:500-9. 2009..We discuss how a catalog of structural variation in dogs will accelerate the identification of the genetic basis of canine traits and diseases, beginning with the use of whole genome association and candidate-CNV/gene approaches...
- Contactin 4 as an autism susceptibility locusCatherine E Cottrell
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Nationwide Children s Hospital, Columbus, Ohio, USA
Autism Res 4:189-99. 2011..Thus, additional larger studies will be necessary to determine whether CNTN4 functions as an autism susceptibility locus in combination with other genetic and/or environmental factors...