James T Wu
Affiliation: Texas Medical Center
- The NF-kappaB/IkappaB signaling system: a molecular target in breast cancer therapyJames T Wu
Department of Surgery, SUNY Downstate Medical Center, Brooklyn, New York, USA
J Surg Res 123:158-69. 2005..In this review, we discuss the regulatory mechanisms and physiological significance of NF-kappaB activation, and highlight recent advances in the development of NF-kappaB as an integral mediator of mammary carcinogenesis...
- Ghrelin: integrative neuroendocrine peptide in health and diseaseJames T Wu
Department of Surgery, SUNY Downstate Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY 11203, USA
Ann Surg 239:464-74. 2004..Newly discovered biologic roles of ghrelin imply that it may have other important physiological functions as well. This is a review of recent clinically relevant, yet less well-known, physiologic actions of ghrelin...
- Cell-free DNA: measurement in various carcinomas and establishment of normal reference rangeTsu Lan Wu
Department of Pathology, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Clin Chim Acta 321:77-87. 2002..Numerous reports in the literature have pointed out that cell-free DNA in plasma or serum has the clinical potential to be a more specific tumor marker for the diagnosis and prognosis, as well as the early detection, of cancer...
- C-erbB2 oncoprotein and its soluble ectodomain: a new potential tumor marker for prognosis early detection and monitoring patients undergoing Herceptin treatmentJames T Wu
Department of Pathology and ARUP, University of Utah Health Sciences Center, Salt Lake City, UT 84132, USA
Clin Chim Acta 322:11-9. 2002..Activation of p185 appears to be an early event in tumorigenesis for some cancers. It is possible that the ectodomain could be used as an early tumor marker detecting benign disease...
- Linking inflammation and atherogenesis: Soluble markers identified for the detection of risk factors and for early risk assessmentJames T Wu
ARUP Laboratories and Cardiovascular Genetics, Department of Pathology, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, Utah 84108, USA
Clin Chim Acta 366:74-80. 2006..These soluble markers should also be useful for monitoring the effectiveness of intervention and for the identification of therapeutic targets...