R V Varner
Affiliation: Texas Medical Center
- The Brief Psychiatric Rating Scale as an acute inpatient outcome measurement tool: a pilot studyR V Varner
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, The University of Texas Medical School, Houston, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 61:418-21. 2000..This study examines the utility of the Brief Psychiatric Rating Scale (BPRS) as such a tool...
- Use of BPRS-A percent change scores to identify significant clinical improvement: accuracy of treatment response classification in acute psychiatric inpatientsD Lachar
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, University of Texas Houston Medical School, Harris County Psychiatric Center, 77225, USA
Psychiatry Res 89:259-68. 1999..Guidelines for BPRS publications are presented to facilitate study interpretation and replication. In light of their demonstrated limitations, it is suggested that the use of BPRS PCSs to measure treatment effects be reconsidered...
- The role of psychometric data in predicting inpatient mental health service utilizationP M Averill
University of Texas-Houston Medical School and the Harris County Psychiatric Center, Houston, TX 77021, USA
Psychiatr Q 72:215-35. 2001..Implications are discussed with regard to patient-treatment matching and discharge planning...
- Assessing predictive factors for extended hospitalization at acute psychiatric admissionD R Hopko
University of Texas Houston Medical School, 1300 Moursand Avenue, Houston, TX 77030-3497, USA
Psychiatr Serv 52:1367-73. 2001..CONCLUSIONS: BPRS-A subscale scores should be considered to be at least as good as more traditional measures in predicting length of hospitalization...
- A survey of hospital practices related to pelvic and rectal examinations of psychiatric inpatientsR V Varner
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, University of Texas Houston Medical School, USA
Psychiatr Serv 50:825-7. 1999....