Richard R Sharp
Affiliation: Texas Medical Center
- Grappling with groups: protecting collective interests in biomedical researchRichard R Sharp
Center for Medical Ethics and Health Policy, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, TX 77030, USA
J Med Philos 32:321-37. 2007..We suggest that it is this set of conceptual and practical issues that philosophers, ethicists, and others should focus on in their efforts to protect identifiable social groups from harm resulting from biomedical research...
- Ethical issues in environmental health researchRichard R Sharp
Center for Medical Ethics and Health Policy, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Environ Health Perspect 111:1786-8. 2003..These ethical, legal, and social issues are becoming increasingly more complex as new genetic and molecular techniques are used to study environmental toxicants and their potential influence on human and ecologic health...
- Consensus and controversy in clinical research ethicsBaruch A Brody
Center for Medical Ethics and Health Policy, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Tex 77030, USA
JAMA 294:1411-4. 2005
- Practical guidance for charting ethics consultationsCourtenay R Bruce
Center for Medical Ethics and Health Policy, Baylor College of Medicine, One Baylor Plaza, MS BCM 420, Houston, TX, 77030, USA
HEC Forum 26:79-93. 2014..Our broader aim is to promote discussion about good charting practices in clinical ethics, with the hope of contributing to clear standards of excellence in clinical ethics consultation. ..
- A systematic review of activities at a high-volume ethics consultation serviceCourtenay R Bruce
Center for Medical Ethics and Health Policy, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, USA
J Clin Ethics 22:151-64. 2011..Our hope in sharing the inner workings of the ECS at the Cleveland Clinic is to promote dialogue on common practices and approaches across medical institutions that support ethics consultation...
- Clinical utility and full disclosure of genetic results to research participantsRichard R Sharp
Center for Medical Ethics and Health Policy, Baylor College of Medicine, USA
Am J Bioeth 6:42-4; author reply W10-2. 2006
- Research on environmental health interventions: ethical problems and solutionsDavid B Resnik
National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, National Institutes of Health, P O Box 12233, Mail Drop NH 06, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
Account Res 12:69-101. 2005....
- Community involvement in the ethical review of genetic research: lessons from American Indian and Alaska Native populationsRichard R Sharp
National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, National Institutes of Health, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709, USA
Environ Health Perspect 110:145-8. 2002....
- An analysis of research guidelines on the collection and use of human biological materials from American Indian and Alaskan Native communitiesRichard R Sharp
Program in Environmental Health Policy and Ethics, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, USA
Jurimetrics 42:165-86. 2002....
- Additional thoughts on rethinking research ethicsRichard R Sharp
Baylor College of Medicine
Am J Bioeth 5:40-2; author reply W15-8. 2005
- Who is buying bioethics research?Richard R Sharp
Bioethics Research, Cleveland Clinic, 9500 Euclid Ave, Room JJ 60, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Am J Bioeth 8:54-8; discussion W1-2. 2008..These findings suggest that worries about the cooption of bioethics research by a few interested stakeholders are greatly overstated and undersupported by available data...
- The Environmental Polymorphisms Registry: a DNA resource to study genetic susceptibility lociPatricia C Chulada
Clinical Research Program, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, 111 T W Alexander Drive, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
Hum Genet 123:207-14. 2008..The success of the EPR based on the number of subjects recruited and genetic studies underway, suggests that it will be a model for future DNA resources...
- Teaching old dogs new tricks: continuing education in research ethicsRichard R Sharp
National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences and Baylor College of Medicine, USA
Am J Bioeth 2:55-6. 2002
- Knowing who you want to be when you grow up: implications for pediatric assentRichard R Sharp
Baylor College of Medicine
Am J Bioeth 3:14-5. 2003
- Protecting third parties in human subjects researchDavid B Resnik
National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences Institutional Review Board, National Institutes of Health, Research Triange Park, NC, USA
IRB 28:1-7. 2006
- Ethical issues in medical-sequencing research: implications of genotype-phenotype studies for individuals and populationsMorris W Foster
Department of Anthropology, University of Oklahoma, Norman, OK 73019, USA
Hum Mol Genet 15:R45-9. 2006..Those issues are reviewed, along with possible solutions to them...
- Ethical considerations in testing workers for the -Glu69 marker of genetic susceptibility to chronic beryllium diseaseKen Silver
Department of Environmental Health, East Tennessee State University, Johnson City, Tennessee, USA
J Occup Environ Med 48:434-43. 2006..We examined ethical issues associated with testing for susceptibility to chronic beryllium disease...
- Will investments in large-scale prospective cohorts and biobanks limit our ability to discover weaker, less common genetic and environmental contributors to complex diseases?Morris W Foster
Department of Anthropology, University of Oklahoma, Norman, Oklahoma 73019, USA
Environ Health Perspect 113:119-22. 2005....
- Restoring and preserving trust in biomedical researchMark Yarborough
Program in Health Care Ethics, Humanities and Law, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado, USA
Acad Med 77:8-14. 2002..Preserving this public trust is central to the long-term success of biomedical research and the institutions in which such research takes place...
- Indian and Hindu Perspectives on Genetic VariationJohn Belmont; Fiscal Year: 2006..By examining the intersection of racial/ethnic classifications and genomics, the project will provide valuable information about one of the most contentious aspects of contemporary genetic research. ..