Joshua A Samuels
Affiliation: Texas Medical Center
- Management of Hypertension in Children and AdolescentsJoshua Samuels
Division of Pediatric Nephrology and Hypertension, University of Texas Medical School at Houston, 6431 Fannin Street, MSB 3 121, Houston, TX, 77030, USA
Curr Cardiol Rep 17:107. 2015..This paper reviews the epidemiology, definitions, evaluations, and management of elevated blood pressure in children and adolescents. ..
- Ambulatory blood pressure patterns in children with chronic kidney diseaseJoshua Samuels
University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Hypertension 60:43-50. 2012..ABPM should be used to monitor risk and guide therapy in children with chronic kidney disease...
- Randomized controlled trials in nephrology: state of the evidence and critiquing the evidenceJoshua A Samuels
Division of Pediatric Nephrology and Hypertension, University of Texas Medical School at Houston, TX 77030, USA
Adv Chronic Kidney Dis 19:40-6. 2012..These tools allow the clinician to efficiently assess the quality of published RCTs and to determine how the new RCT evidence should change current best practice...
- Small increases in serum creatinine are associated with prolonged ICU stay and increased hospital mortality in critically ill patients with cancerJoshua Samuels
Division of Renal Diseases and Hypertension, University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, 6431 Fannin St, MSB 5 134, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Support Care Cancer 19:1527-32. 2011..We evaluated the effects on hospital mortality and ICU length of stay of small changes in creatinine following admission to the intensive care unit...
- Prevalence of persistent prehypertension in adolescentsAlisa A Acosta
Department of Pediatrics, Texas A and M University College of Medicine, Temple, TX, USA
J Pediatr 160:757-61. 2012..To measure the prevalence of persistent prehypertension in adolescents...
- Automating and simplifying the SOFA score in critically ill patients with cancerJoseph L Nates
Department of Critical Care Medicine, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Health Informatics J 16:35-47. 2010..The AUCs for medical and surgical patients were 0.72 and 0.78, respectively. Our results demonstrate that electronic assessment of mSOFA score has potential in resource allocation decisions as well as in critical care outreach programs...
- Acute renal failure secondary to imatinib mesylate treatment in prostate cancerJohn R Foringer
Division of Renal Diseases and Hypertension, Medical School, The University of Texas Houston, Section of Nephrology, MD Anderson Cancer Center, 77030, USA
Ann Pharmacother 39:2136-8. 2005..To report a case of acute renal failure associated with the administration of imatinib mesylate...
- Effect of IV contrast medium on renal function in oncologic patients undergoing CT in ICUChaan S Ng
Department of Radiology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, 77030 4409, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 195:414-22. 2010....
- Is one measurement enough to evaluate blood pressure among adolescents? A blood pressure screening experience in more than 9000 children with a subset comparison of auscultatory to mercury measurementsXamayta Negroni-Balasquide
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Pediatric Nephrology and Hypertension, University of Texas Health Science Center, Houston, TX, USA Electronic address
J Am Soc Hypertens 10:95-100. 2016..We conclude that assessment of blood pressure using oscillometric devices should include at least 3 measurements in the same sitting to avoid inaccurate assessment. ..
- Comparative effectiveness of antihypertensive treatment for older children with primary hypertension: study protocol for a series of n-of-1 randomized trialsJoyce P Samuel
Division of Pediatric Nephrology and Hypertension, University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston UTHealth McGovern Medical School, 6431 Fannin, MSB 3 121, Houston, Texas, 77030, USA
Trials 17:16. 2016..Even if parallel-group trials had established a best overall choice for most of these children, the best medication for an individual may differ from the best overall medication...
- Ambulatory blood pressure status in children: comparing alternate limit sourcesCynthia S Bell
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Pediatric Nephrology and Hypertension, University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, 6431 Fannin MSB 3 121, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Pediatr Nephrol 26:2211-7. 2011..Collection of new normative data from a larger, multiethnic population is needed for better measurement of ABP in children...
- Effect of stimulants on 24-h ambulatory blood pressure in children with ADHD: a double-blind, randomized, cross-over trialJoshua A Samuels
Pediatric Nephrology and Hypertension, The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, USA
Pediatr Nephrol 21:92-5. 2006..This potential cardiovascular risk should be balanced against the beneficial behavioral effects of this class of medication...
- Pediatric hypertension: diagnosis, evaluation, management, and treatment for the primary care physicianRonald J Portman
Division of Pediatric Nephrology and Hypertension, University of Texas Huston Medical School, Houston, Texas, USA
Curr Probl Pediatr Adolesc Health Care 35:262-94. 2005