Genomes and Genes
L Bruno Ruest
Affiliation: Texas A and M Health Science Center
- Analysis of Snail1 function and regulation by Twist1 in palatal fusionWenli Yu
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Center for Craniofacial Research and Diagnosis, Texas A and M University, Baylor College of Dentistry Dallas, TX, USA
Front Physiol 4:12. 2013..Without E47, Twist1 repressed Snail1 expression. These results support the hypothesis that Tgfβ3 may signal through Twist1 and then Snail1 to downregulate E-cadherin expression during palatal fusion...
- Control of endothelin-a receptor expression by progesterone is enhanced by synergy with Gata2Yanping Zhang
Center for Craniofacial Research and Diagnosis and Department of Biomedical Sciences, Texas A and M University Baylor College of Dentistry, Dallas, Texas 75246, USA
Mol Endocrinol 27:892-908. 2013..Together these results indicate that progesterone regulates Ednra expression by synergizing with Gata2 activity, a previously unknown mechanism. This mechanism may have an impact on pathologies involving the endothelin signaling...
- Specific inactivation of Twist1 in the mandibular arch neural crest cells affects the development of the ramus and reveals interactions with hand2Yanping Zhang
Department of Biomedical Sciences, TAMHSC Baylor College of Dentistry, Dallas, Texas, USA
Dev Dyn 241:924-40. 2012..To determine the role of Twist1 during mandibular development, we used the Hand2-Cre transgene to conditionally inactivate the gene in the neural crest cells populating the mandibular pharyngeal arch...
- The rescue of dentin matrix protein 1 (DMP1)-deficient tooth defects by the transgenic expression of dentin sialophosphoprotein (DSPP) indicates that DSPP is a downstream effector molecule of DMP1 in dentinogenesisMonica Prasad Gibson
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Texas A and M Health Science Center, Baylor College of Dentistry, Dallas, Texas 75246, USA
J Biol Chem 288:7204-14. 2013..In contrast, the expression of DMP1 was not altered in the Dspp KO mice. These results provide strong evidence that DSPP is a downstream effector molecule that mediates the roles of DMP1 in dentinogenesis...
- Cleft lip and palate genetics and application in early embryological developmentWenli Yu
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Texas A and M Health Science Center, Baylor College of Dentistry, Dallas, TX 75246, USA
Indian J Plast Surg 42:S35-50. 2009..We have also included some genes that have been identified in environmental risk factors for CP/L. We include primary and review references on this topic...
- Analysis of neural crest cell fate during cardiovascular development using Cre-activated lacZ/β-galactosidase stainingYanping Zhang
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Texas A and M Healthy Science Center Baylor College of Dentistry, Dallas, TX, USA
Methods Mol Biol 843:125-38. 2012..We also provide a protocol using fluorescence-activated cell sorting for collecting neural crest cells for further analysis. These protocols can be used with any embryos expressing Cre and lacZ...