Charles A Roessner
Affiliation: Texas A and M University
- Isolation and characterization of 14 additional genes specifying the anaerobic biosynthesis of cobalamin (vitamin B12) in Propionibacterium freudenreichii (P. shermanii)Charles A Roessner
Center for Biological NMR, Department of Chemistry, Texas A and M University, College Station, TX 77843 3255, USA
Microbiology 148:1845-53. 2002..The functions of the P. freudenreichii B12 pathway genes are discussed, and a mechanism for the regulation of cobalamin and propionic acid production by oxygen in this organism is proposed...
- Mutagenesis identifies a conserved tyrosine residue important for the activity of uroporphyrinogen III synthase from Anacystis nidulansCharles A Roessner
Center for Biological NMR, Department of Chemsitry, P O Box 30012, Texas A and M University, College Station, TX 77842 3012, USA
FEBS Lett 525:25-8. 2002..Of the nine conserved amino acids altered, only a single tyrosine mutant (Y166F) showed any significant decrease in activity suggesting this residue is critical for proper substrate binding and/or catalysis...
- Genetically engineered production of 1-desmethylcobyrinic acid, 1-desmethylcobyrinic acid a,c-diamide, and cobyrinic acid a,c-diamide in Escherichia coli implies a role for CbiD in C-1 methylation in the anaerobic pathway to cobalaminCharles A Roessner
Center for Biological NMR, Department of Chemistry, Texas A and M University, College Station, Texas 77843 3255, USA
J Biol Chem 280:16748-53. 2005....
- Fine-tuning our knowledge of the anaerobic route to cobalamin (vitamin B12)Charles A Roessner
Department of Chemistry, Center for Biological NMR, Texas A and M University, College Station, 77843 3255, USA
J Bacteriol 188:7331-4. 2006
- Genetically engineered synthesis and structural characterization of cobalt-precorrin 5A and -5B, two new intermediates on the anaerobic pathway to vitamin B12: definition of the roles of the CbiF and CbiG enzymesYasuhiro Kajiwara
Center for Biological NMR, Department of Chemistry, Texas A and M University, P O Box 30012, College Station, Texas 77842 3012, USA
J Am Chem Soc 128:9971-8. 2006....
- Use of cobA and cysGA as red fluorescent indicatorsCharles A Roessner
Department of Chemistry, Texas A and M University, College Station, TX, USA
Methods Mol Biol 183:19-30. 2002
- Identification and functional analysis of enzymes required for precorrin-2 dehydrogenation and metal ion insertion in the biosynthesis of sirohaem and cobalamin in Bacillus megateriumEvelyne Raux
School of Biological Sciences, Queen Mary, University of London, Mile End Road, London E1 4NS, UK
Biochem J 370:505-16. 2003..Sequence alignments suggest that SirB and CbiX share a similar active site to the cobaltochelatase, CbiK, from Salmonella enterica...
- Structure/function studies on a S-adenosyl-L-methionine-dependent uroporphyrinogen III C methyltransferase (SUMT), a key regulatory enzyme of tetrapyrrole biosynthesisJitka Vévodová
Structural Biology Laboratory, Department of Chemistry, University of York, Heslington, York YO10 5YW, UK
J Mol Biol 344:419-33. 2004..The activity of these variants is interpreted with respect to the structure of the enzyme...
- Identification and characterization of a novel vitamin B12 (cobalamin) biosynthetic enzyme (CobZ) from Rhodobacter capsulatus, containing flavin, heme, and Fe-S cofactorsHelen M McGoldrick
School of Biological Sciences, Queen Mary, University of London, Mile End Road, London E1 4NS, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 280:1086-94. 2005..A mechanism for Orf663 (CobZ) in cobalamin biosynthesis is proposed...