Linda B Piller
Affiliation: Texas Medical Center
- Characteristics and long-term follow-up of participants with peripheral arterial disease during ALLHATLinda B Piller
The University of Texas School of Public Health, 1200 Herman Pressler St, W 906, Houston, TX, 77030, USA
J Gen Intern Med 29:1475-83. 2014..Hypertension is a major risk factor for peripheral artery disease (PAD). Little is known about relative efficacy of antihypertensive treatments for preventing PAD...
- Long-term follow-up of participants with heart failure in the antihypertensive and lipid-lowering treatment to prevent heart attack trial (ALLHAT)Linda B Piller
University of Texas School of Public Health, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Circulation 124:1811-8. 2011..After the randomized phase of the trial ended in 2002, outcomes were determined from administrative databases...
- Incidence and predictors of angioedema in elderly hypertensive patients at high risk for cardiovascular disease: a report from the Antihypertensive and Lipid-Lowering Treatment to Prevent Heart Attack Trial (ALLHAT)Linda B Piller
University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, School of Public Health, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Clin Hypertens (Greenwich) 8:649-56; quiz 657-8. 2006..One patient died following an angioedema episode. The occurrence of angioedema in the angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor arm corresponds with previously reported angioedema-angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor associations...
- Role of diuretics in the prevention of heart failure: the Antihypertensive and Lipid-Lowering Treatment to Prevent Heart Attack TrialBarry R Davis
The University of Texas School of Public Health, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Circulation 113:2201-10. 2006..The Antihypertensive and Lipid-Lowering Treatment to Prevent Heart Attack Trial (ALLHAT) stipulated assessment of the relative effect of chlorthalidone, lisinopril, and amlodipine in preventing HF...
- Getting clinical trial results into practice: design, implementation, and process evaluation of the ALLHAT Dissemination ProjectL Kay Bartholomew
University of Texas Health Science Center Houston, School of Public Health, Houston, TX, USA
Clin Trials 6:329-43. 2009..Conventional dissemination of clinical trial results has inconsistent impact on physician practices. A more comprehensive plan to influence determinants of prescribing practices is warranted...
- Impact of Hematopoietic Growth Factors on Blood Transfusion Needs, Incidence of Neutropenia, and Overall Survival Among Elderly Advanced Ovarian Cancer Patients Treated With ChemotherapyInsiya B Poonawalla
Departments of Epidemiology, Human Genetics, and Environmental Science, Management Policy and Community Health, and Biostatistics, University of Texas Health Science Center Houston School of Public Health, Houston, TX
Int J Gynecol Cancer 26:95-103. 2016..To determine the effectiveness of erythropoietin-stimulating agent (ESA) and granulocyte colony-stimulating factor (CSF) in reducing blood transfusion needs and neutropenia incidence in community-dwelling elderly ovarian cancer patients...
- Cost-Effectiveness of Neoadjuvant Chemotherapy versus Primary Surgery in Elderly Patients with Advanced Ovarian CancerInsiya B Poonawalla
Department of Epidemiology, Human Genetics, and Environmental Science, School of Public Health, University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, Houston, TX, USA
Value Health 18:387-95. 2015..There is uncertainty about NAC's effectiveness and no study of its cost-effectiveness compared with that of standard primary debulking surgery (PDS)...
- Comparison of the global statistical test and composite outcome for secondary analyses of multiple coronary heart disease outcomesSarah Baraniuk
Division of Biostatistics, The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston School of Public Health, Houston, TX, USA
Prog Cardiovasc Dis 54:357-61. 2012..Data from the cardiovascular clinical trial Systolic Hypertension in the Elderly Population are used as an example...
- CD4+ cell count and HIV load as predictors of size of anal warts over time in HIV-infected womenHung N Luu
Dan L Duncan Cancer Center, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, USA
J Infect Dis 205:578-85. 2012..This study examined whether CD4(+) count and HIV load predict the size of the largest anal warts in 976 HIV-infected women in an ongoing cohort...
- Blood pressure control in Hispanics in the antihypertensive and lipid-lowering treatment to prevent heart attack trialKaren L Margolis
HealthPartners Research Foundation PO Box 1524, Mailstop 21111R, Minneapolis, MN 55440 1524, USA
Hypertension 50:854-61. 2007....
- The Antihypertensive and Lipid Lowering Treatment to Prevent Heart Attack Trial (ALLHAT) Heart Failure Validation Study: diagnosis and prognosisPaula T Einhorn
National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, Division of Epidemiology and Clinical Applications, Bethesda, MD 20892 7936, USA
Am Heart J 153:42-53. 2007..However, questions have been raised regarding the validity of the HF diagnosis...
- Characteristics and lipid distribution of a large, high-risk, hypertensive population: the lipid-lowering component of the Antihypertensive and Lipid-Lowering Treatment to Prevent Heart Attack Trial (ALLHAT)Vasilios Papademetriou
Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Washington, DC 20422, USA
J Clin Hypertens (Greenwich) 5:377-84. 2003..The success of the randomization of this large, diverse population and the differences in the lipid distributions among its subgroups will allow further understanding of optimal lipid-lowering treatment...