W P Glezen
Affiliation: Texas Medical Center
- Influenza virus infections in infantsW P Glezen
Influenza Research Center, Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Pediatr Infect Dis J 16:1065-8. 1997..This study examines the risk of influenza during the first year of life to provide information about the time to initiate active immunization...
- Impact of respiratory virus infections on persons with chronic underlying conditionsW P Glezen
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Tex 77030, USA
JAMA 283:499-505. 2000..Development of new approaches for prevention of acute respiratory tract conditions requires studies of the etiologies of infections and quantification of the risk of hospitalization for vulnerable patients...
- Prevention of acute otitis media by prophylaxis and treatment of influenza virus infectionsW P Glezen
Molecular Virology and Microbiology, Influenza Research Center at Baylor College of Medicine, One Baylor Plaza, Suite 221D, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Vaccine 19:S56-8. 2000..Influenza produces high morbidity in children that could be averted by universal immunization with attenuated nasal spray vaccine...
- Haemophilus influenzae type b-specific antibody in infants after maternal immunizationJ A Englund
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Pediatr Infect Dis J 16:1122-30. 1997..To study the kinetics of Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib)-specific antibody in infants born to mothers immunized with an Hib polysaccharide or one of two Hib conjugate vaccines...
- Maternal immunization against viral diseaseJ Englund
Department of Microbiology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Vaccine 16:1456-63. 1998..Further studies are needed to define the safety and efficacy of maternal immunization...
- HLA-restricted CD8+ cytotoxic T lymphocyte, interferon-gamma, and interleukin-4 responses to respiratory syncytial virus infection in infants and childrenI N Mbawuike
Influenza Research Center, Respiratory Pathogens Research Unit, Dept of Molecular Virology and Microbiology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Infect Dis 183:687-96. 2001..CD8+ CTL levels correlated positively with IFN-gamma (P<.001) and inversely with IL-4 (P=.03). Contribution of CD8+ CTL and IFN-gamma in the control of RSV disease in infants and children is implicated...