Affiliation: Texas Medical Center
- Lack of effect of a 60 Hz magnetic field on biomarkers of tumor promotion in the skin of SENCAR miceJ DiGiovanni
University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Science Park Research Division, Smithville 78957, USA
Carcinogenesis 20:685-9. 1999..Within the sensitivity limits of the biomarker methodology and the exposure parameters employed, no consistent, statistically significant effects indicative of promotion or co-promotion by the magnetic field were demonstrated...
- Deregulated expression of insulin-like growth factor 1 in prostate epithelium leads to neoplasia in transgenic miceJ DiGiovanni
Department of Carcinogenesis, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Science Park, Research Division, P O Box 389, Smithville, TX 78957, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 97:3455-60. 2000..These mice offer an animal model for prostate cancer that will allow study of the stepwise development of this disease and the mechanism(s) whereby IGF-1 mediates this process...
- Constitutive expression of insulin-like growth factor-1 in epidermal basal cells of transgenic mice leads to spontaneous tumor promotionJ DiGiovanni
Department of Carcinogenesis, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Smithville 78957, USA
Cancer Res 60:1561-70. 2000....
- Induction of short-term markers of tumor promotion by organic peroxidesI Gimenez-Conti
Department of Carcinogenesis, Science Park Research Division, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center 78957
Carcinogenesis 12:563-9. 1991..It will also establish conditions for future tumor experiments...
- p21(WAF1/Cip1) functions as a suppressor of malignant skin tumor formation and a determinant of keratinocyte stem-cell potentialG I Topley
Cutaneous Biology Research Center, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, 13th Street, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 96:9089-94. 1999..Thus, these findings have revealed a function of p21 as a suppressor of malignant but not benign skin-tumor formation and a determinant of the growth/differentiation potential of keratinocyte subpopulations...