Jessica S Calleo
Affiliation: Texas Medical Center
- Treating late-life generalized anxiety disorder in primary care: an effectiveness pilot studyJessica S Calleo
Houston VA Health Service Research and Development Service Center of Excellence, Houston, TX, USA
J Nerv Ment Dis 201:414-20. 2013..Preliminary results suggest that adapted CBT can effectively reduce worry. The piloted modifications can provide acceptable and feasible evidence-based care...
- Obsessions and worry beliefs in an inpatient OCD populationJessica S Calleo
Health Services Research and Development Center of Excellence, Michael E DeBakey Veterans Affairs Medical Center, 2002 Holcombe Blvd VAMC 152, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Anxiety Disord 24:903-8. 2010..Specific relationships were identified, including perfectionism with ordering, obsessions with control/importance of thoughts and checking and washing with threat estimation...
- Cognitive behavioral therapy for depression and anxiety in Parkinson's disease: a clinical reviewMaria E A Armento
Houston VA Health Services Research and Development Center of Excellence, Michael E DeBakey VA Medical Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Parkinsons Dis 2:135-51. 2012..CBT is potentially a useful treatment for patients with PD and comorbid depression and/or anxiety, but more systematic research will be necessary to measure its effects. ..
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy for late-life anxiety: Similarities and differences between Veteran and community participantsTerri L Barrera
Houston VA HSR and D Center for Innovations in Quality, Effectiveness and Safety, Michael E DeBakey VA Medical Center, Houston, TX, United States Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, United States South Central Mental Illness Research, Education and Clinical Center A Virtual Center, Houston, United States Electronic address
J Anxiety Disord 33:72-80. 2015..05). Our results underscore the complexity of treating Veterans with anxiety, and suggest that additional work is needed to improve the efficacy of CBT for Veterans, with particular attention to social support...
- Lay providers can deliver effective cognitive behavior therapy for older adults with generalized anxiety disorder: a randomized trialMelinda A Stanley
Houston VA HSR and D Center for Innovations in Quality, Effectiveness and Safety, Houston, Texas Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas South Central Mental Illness Research, Education and Clinical Center A Virtual Center, Houston, Texas
Depress Anxiety 31:391-401. 2014..The current study examined the effects of CBT delivered by lay, bachelor-level providers (BLP) relative to Ph.D.-level expert providers (PLP), and usual care (UC) in older adults with GAD...
- A Pilot Study of a Cognitive-Behavioral Treatment for Anxiety and Depression in Patients With Parkinson DiseaseJessica S Calleo
Houston VA Health Services Research and Development HSR and D Center for Innovations in Quality, Effectiveness and Safety, Houston, TX, USA Michael E DeBakey Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Houston, TX, USA Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, USA
J Geriatr Psychiatry Neurol 28:210-7. 2015..73 for depression and 1.24 for anxiety), although only the posttreatment effect size for depression was significant. This pilot CBT program is feasible for treatment of anxiety and depression in patients with PD. ..
- Anxiety disorders, physical illnesses, and health care utilization in older male veterans with Parkinson disease and comorbid depressionSalah U Qureshi
VA Houston HSR and D Center of Excellence, Health Services Research and Development Service, Michael E DeBakey Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Houston, TX 77005, USA
J Geriatr Psychiatry Neurol 25:233-9. 2012....
- Characteristics of generalized anxiety disorder in patients with dementiaJessica S Calleo
Houston Veterans Affairs Health Services Research and Development Center of Excellence, TX 77030, USA
Am J Alzheimers Dis Other Demen 26:492-7. 2011..Overlap of cognitive and anxiety symptoms (i.e., difficulty concentrating, fatigue, restlessness) contributes to inconsistent, complicated assessment of generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) in persons with dementia...