- Pharmacotherapy and academic achievement among children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder
Texas Tech University, Lubbock, Texas 79409, USA
J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol 21:597-603. 2011
..These results derived from a large, community-based, nationally representative sample, using SEM techniques, may be considered highly generalizable...
- Stereotyped behaviors predicting self-injurious behavior in individuals with intellectual disabilities
Texas Tech University, Department of Educational Psychology and Leadership, PO Box 41071, Lubbock, TX 79409, United States Electronic address
Res Dev Disabil 36:419-427. 2014
..Results are discussed in terms of future research needed to identify bio-behavioral variables correlated with cases of SIB that can, and cannot, be predicted by the presence of stereotyped behavior...
- Predictors of Elopement Exhibited by School-Aged Children With Special Health Care Needs: Towards the Development of a Screening Instrument for Elopement
Texas Tech University, PO Box 41071, Lubbock, TX, 79410, USA
J Prim Prev 37:543-554. 2016
..Our study provides an initial psychometric analysis to support a potential screening instrument for elopement events among school-aged youth that needs to be validated by a longitudinal study of its predictive validity...
- Facial emotion recognition among typically developing young children: A psychometric validation of a subset of NimStim stimuli
Texas Tech University, United States Electronic address
Psychiatry Res 249:109-114. 2016
..Analyses revealed the psychometric sufficiency of a subset of pictures depicting happy, sad, angry, and fearful from NimStim among young children across race matched and mismatched stimuli...
- Care Coordination with Schools: The Role of Family-Centered Care for Children with Special Health Care Needs
Department of Educational Psychology and Leadership, Texas Tech University, P O Box 41071, Lubbock, TX, 79410, USA
Matern Child Health J . 2017
..We also suggest that the role of schools appears to be under-studied given the role that schools can play in family-centered care...
- ADHD medication vacations and parent-child interactions by gender
Texas Tech University, Lubbock, USA
J Atten Disord 17:506-9. 2013
..The purpose of the current study was to examine medication vacations among children with ADHD according to parent-child dyads (e.g., mother-son, father-daughter, mother-daughter, and father-son)...
- Parental perceptions of academic performance and attainment of children diagnosed with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder
Department of Educational Psychology and Leadership, Texas Tech University, Lubbock, TX 79409, USA
J Nerv Ment Dis 201:598-601. 2013
..The results suggest that interventions for parents of children with ADHD should be targeted to fathers with sons with ADHD. ..
- Effects associated with on- and off-label stimulant treatment of core autism and ADHD symptoms exhibited by children with autism spectrum disorder
a College of Education, Texas Tech University, Lubbock, Texas, USA
Dev Neurorehabil 19:46-53. 2016
..Some of these options have the support of empirical evidence while others do not. Stimulant treatments are typically utilized to treat symptoms of ADHD indicating an on-label use of such treatment...
- The association between physical education and symptoms of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder
Dept of Educational Psychology, Texas Tech University, Lubbock, TX, USA
J Phys Act Health 8:964-70. 2011
..Physical activity may be associated with lower levels of symptoms of ADHD and this rationale provided the impetus for the current study...
- The sensitivity and specificity of the social communication questionnaire for autism spectrum with respect to age
Texas Tech University, P O Box 41071, Lubbock, Texas, 79409
Autism Res 9:838-45. 2016
..Analyses indicated that the actual sensitivity and specificity scores were lower than initially reported by the creators of the SCQ. Autism Res 2016, 9: 838-845. © 2015 International Society for Autism Research, Wiley Periodicals, Inc. ..