Affiliation: Texas Christian University
- Cardiovascular event prevention in the person with type 2 diabetes: case examples for identifying and treating multiple risksAshok Balasubramanyam
Baylor College of Medicine, One Baylor Plaza, Room 719E, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Diabetes Educ 32:163S-173S; quiz 174S-177S. 2006
- Long-term, randomized clinical trial of two diets in the metabolic syndrome and type 2 diabetesLynne W Scott
Diabetes Care 26:2481-2. 2003
- Regression of acanthosis nigricans correlates with disappearance of anti-insulin receptor autoantibodies and achievement of euglycemia in type B insulin resistance syndromeGilbert G Fareau
Translational Metabolism Unit, Division of Diabetes, Endocrinology, and Metabolism, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Metabolism 56:670-5. 2007..We have documented, for the first time, regression of AN in temporal association with disappearance of circulating anti-insulin receptor autoantibodies and achievement of euglycemia in a patient with type B insulin resistance...
- Case studyJames R LaSalle
Medical Arts Research Collaborative, Excelsior Springs, Missouri, USA
Am J Manag Care 12:S392. 2006
- Health outcomes beyond glucose controlAshok Balasubramanyam
Translational Metabolism Unit, Division of Diabetes, Endocrinology, and Metabolism, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, USA
Am J Manag Care 12:S382-91. 2006....
- Presence of the metabolic syndrome distinguishes patients with ketosis-prone diabetes who have a Type 2 diabetic phenotypeMax E Otiniano
Division of Endocrinology, Department of Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, USA
J Diabetes Complications 19:313-8. 2005..This study was designed to determine if patients with ketosis-prone diabetes could be distinguished clinically on the basis of features of the metabolic syndrome (MetS)...
- Accelerometer feedback to promote physical activity in adults with type 2 diabetes: a pilot studyAntonia A Paschali
Psychology Department, University of Athens
Percept Mot Skills 100:61-8. 2005..Further studies with larger sample sizes and greater control of experimental conditions are needed to determine the utility of objective activity feedback...
- Thiazolidinediones: a review of their mechanisms of insulin sensitization, therapeutic potential, clinical efficacy, and tolerabilityAbu R Vasudevan
Division of Diabetes, Endocrinology, and Metabolism, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Diabetes Technol Ther 6:850-63. 2004....
- Pathophysiology of dyslipidemia and increased cardiovascular risk in HIV lipodystrophy: a model of 'systemic steatosis'Ashok Balasubramanyam
Department of Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Curr Opin Lipidol 15:59-67. 2004..Identification of rationally based therapies requires an understanding of the mechanistic basis of HADL...
- Novel syndromes of ketosis-prone diabetes: implications for management and medical economicsAshok Balasubramanyam
Endocrine Service, Ben Taub General Hospital, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, USA
Manag Care 13:7-10; discussion 19-21. 2004
- Cardiovascular implications of HIV-associated dyslipidemic lipodystrophyRajagopal V Sekhar
Division of Endocrinology, Baylor College of Medicine, 719E, One Baylor Plaza, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Curr Atheroscler Rep 6:173-9. 2004..In this article, we review HADL in terms of metabolic, molecular, and cytokine derangements leading to cardiovascular disease...
- Ketosis-prone diabetes: dissection of a heterogeneous syndrome using an immunogenetic and beta-cell functional classification, prospective analysis, and clinical outcomesMario Maldonado
Division of Endocrinology, Department of Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 88:5090-8. 2003..Novel, nonautoimmune causes of beta-cell dysfunction are likely to underlie the A-beta+ and A-beta- syndromes...
- Improved outcomes in indigent patients with ketosis-prone diabetes: effect of a dedicated diabetes treatment unitMario R Maldonado
Section of Endocrinology, Department of Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, and Ben Taub General Hospital, Houston, Texas 77030 3498, USA
Endocr Pract 9:26-32. 2003..To investigate whether a specialized intervention program could improve diabetes-related health outcomes in indigent patients with type 1 diabetes who were prone to occurrence of diabetic ketoacidosis (DKA)...
- Re: A comparison of classification schemes for ketosis-prone diabetesRamaswami Nalini
Division of Diabetes, Endocrinology and Metabolism, N520 Alkek, One Baylor Plaza, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Nat Clin Pract Endocrinol Metab 3:E1. 2007